Amex Offers just launched a great promotions where you can ultimately get up to a $30 statement credit by paying your cable bill with a registered American Express credit card. Unfortunately though, these are targeted promotions and only available through your AmericanExpress.com account, not Twitter. This means you must check your account to see if you are eligible. Although I saw this offer on all 5 of my American Express credit cards, so there is a good chance you’ll have this offer in your account as well!
Instead of a flat statement credit, you’ll receive 10% back on all cable bill transactions through June 30, 2016. The major caveat is that this is only available to those in NY, NJ, IL, FL, TX, WA, and MA.
Some cable providers also might allow you to prepay your bill, so if you are able to put a $300 credit on your account, that will immediately give you the $30 statement credit. This credit is good for those that have low monthly cable bills.
To Register your Amex Card for this Promotion
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab
- Find the “Save on your Cable or Satellite Bill” offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button
Now, if you see this offer on more than one card in your account, make sure to follow these instructions first on how to sync multiple cards. Do not click the “Save Offer” button right away. Also, make sure to save this offer to your account sooner than later since enrollment is limited.
Now, I personally pay my cable bill with my Chase Ink card since I get 5x points (the Amex SimplyCash card also gives 5x points). While 5x points is better than the 1x point you’ll earn with almost any other American Express card, getting a 10% return is very desirable. While The 5x points pretty much equal 10% when redeeming for travel, I’d prefer cash in my pocket now.
To learn more about these American Express Offers, read this series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!