This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE: This offer has expired. You can learn more about the current offers here.
The Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card from American Express is offering their HIGHEST offer ever! This is great news since the “best ever” Starwood American Express credit card offer just ended. Hopefully American Express will continue with these top offers throughout the year! The no annual fee Hilton HHonors™ Card from American Express is also offering their highest offer ever with a 75,000 point bonus after spending $1,000 on the card within the first three months (learn more about it here)
- Complimentary Hilton HHonors Gold elite status each year you keep the card
- Earn Hilton HHonors Diamond status after you spend $40,000 in a calendar year
- Earn 12x points at Hilton Hotels, 6x points at U.S. gas stations, supermarkets, and restaurants, and 3x points on all other purchases
What are 100,000 Hilton Points Worth?
A few years ago, Hilton changed their entire award structure which means during peak times you’ll have to use more points than off-peak times. If your goal is to use points during a peak time period at a high end hotel, these 100,000 will not go too far.
You can use this tool to find out exactly how many points a specific hotel will require during every month of the year. For example, if you are looking to go to Hawaii next winter, you’ll see that the number of points required range anywhere between 40,000 and 95,000 points a night. You’ll see that for most hotels, December costs more than other months. You’ll see that for most of the hotels, 100,000 points will earn you two free nights in Hawaii. If you are looking to go to the Maldives, for example, you’ll only end up with one free night from the sign up offer (although could be worth close to $1,000 value), but if you are looking to stay at a category 1 hotel, this sign up offer could give you 20 free nights! And if you stay in 5 night increments, even more since your 5th night will be free.
Comparing the Different Hilton Co-Branded Credit Cards
Remember, there are four different Hilton co-branded credit cards – two American Express and two Citi. The one comparable is the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card as it also comes with Gold status and an annual fee. The difference with this card is that the sign up bonus gives you two free weekend nights at ANY hotel that has a standard room available. Depending on where you are looking to stay, the 100,000 points with the Amex Surpass will not give you two free nights at a top hotel. Although if you are looking at very low level hotels the 100,000 points will get you way more than 2 free nights. The two weekend night certificates also expire, where the 100,000 points do not.
Here is a comparison between the four Hilton co-branded cards:
- Hilton HHonors Surpass Card from American Express
- Sign up offer: 100,000 points for new applicants after spending $3,000 on the card within the first 90 days. Limited time offer expires May 4, 2016
- Perks: Complimentary Gold elite status each year you keep the card
- Annual fee: $75 (not waived the first year)
- Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card (click on the “Hotel Credit Card Offers” link)
- Sign up offer: 2 free weekends nights to use at any Hilton portfolio hotel after spending $2,500 within four months of card membership.
- Perks: Gold elite status each year you keep the card and Diamond elite status if you spend $40,000 in a calendar year. Also, you will earn a free weekend night annual if you spend $10,000 on the card during your card membership year.
- Annual Fee: $95/year
- Hilton HHonors Card from American Express
- Sign up offer: 75,000 points after spending $1,000 within 3 months. Limited time offer expires May 4, 2016
- Perks: Complimentary Silver elite status each year you keep the card; Earn Gold elite status when you spend $20,000 on the card during the calendar year
- Annual fee: No annual fee
- Citi® Hilton HHonors Visa Signature® Card (click on the “Hotel Credit Card Offers” link)
- Sign up offer: 40,000 points after spending $2,000 in the first four months
- Perks: Complimentary Silver elite status each year you keep the card; Earn Gold elite status when you spend $20,000 on the card during the calendar year; Earn 10,000 bonus points yearly when you spend $1,000 at Hilton hotels on the card
- Annual Fee: No annual fee
Although this card comes with a $75 annual and Hilton Gold status, if you plan on staying at Hilton hotels throughout the year, having Hilton Gold status is a good status to have. Even though this is a mid-tier status, you’ll still receive complimentary breakfast, free internet, possible upgrade and concierge floor, etc. You’ll also receive your 5th night free on award redemptions. Keep in mind though that Hilton does run status matches often though, so if you have status with another hotel, you might easily be able to earn Gold status anyways. You can read more about the perks of Hilton status here.
*Terms and conditions apply
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal.