This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Although I personally do not value my Hilton points as much these days, I must admit they have the best mid-tier status level and make it incredibly easy to get. While top level status (Diamond) is always nice, Hilton has great perks at the Gold level – for example, free internet, complimentary breakfast for you and a guest (which I highly value), and the possibility to gain access to the club lounge (although not guaranteed).
With the old fashion method, to earn Gold status you must meet one of the three requirements:
- Nights: 40
- Stays: 20
- Base Points: 75,000
Luckily though, Hilton has made it very easy to earn Gold status without actually having to meet those requirements. Here is a list of the various ways:
- Hilton branded credit card (You can learn more about all four Hilton sign up offers here.)
- Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express – Automatic yearly Gold status
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express – Earn yearly status after spending $20,000 on the card each calendar year; the card comes with automatic Silver status
- Citi® Hilton Honors Reserve Card – Automatic yearly Gold status
- Citi® Hilton Honors Visa Signature® Card – Earn yearly status after spending $20,000 on the card each calendar year; the card comes with automatic Silver status
- American Express Platinum Cardholder – If you have the American Express Platinum credit card, you will receive complimentary Hilton Gold status. You just need to make sure to request the status in this form. Related blog post
- Status Match – Hilton has been offering some generous status matches recently where you do not even need to stay at a Hilton hotel to be eligible. They will give you a similar Hilton status depending on your status with another loyalty program and the Hilton status will last through March 2018. For example, if you have Marriott Gold status you’lll receive Hilton Gold. They will match to Diamond status as well with a comparable status! So Marriott Platinum, for example, will give you Hilton Diamond. You need to request the status match here. Related blog post
- Fast Track Promotion – Stay 4 times within 90 days on enrolling and earn Gold status. You can enroll here.
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate links. As always thanks for supporting the blog, and enjoy traveling on a deal.