This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Update: This offer is no longer available
For those interested in a Delta co-branded credit card, there are actually a total of four different cards! There is the Gold Delta SkyMiles card, both a personal and business version, and then the Platinum Delta SkyMiles card, again both a personal and business version. The sign up offers vary and throughout the year there are different limited time bonuses. Additionally, the statement credit you receive differs. The cards itself also have a few different perks. So if you are wondering what the benefits are of one card over the other, here you go:
- Sign Up Offer: The Platinum personal and business card will give you a higher sign up bonus miles after you meet the minimum spend requirement.
- Statement Credit: All four cards will give you a statement credit after you make a Delta purchase on the card within the first three months. The Gold personal and business card will give you a $50 statement credit, while the Platinum personal and business card will give you a $100 statement credit.
- Annual Fee: The Gold personal and business card have a $0 annual fee for the first year, and then you’ll be charged $95 annually. The Platinum personal and business card come with a $195 annual fee (not waived the first year).
- Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) Bonus: Only the Platinum personal and business card will allow you to earn MQMs without actually flying. From the sign up offer, you’ll receive a one time bonus of 5,000 MQMs after meeting the minimum spend requirement. On an annual basis, however, you can also continue to earn 10,000 MQMs after spending $25,000 on the card in the calendar year, plus another 10,000 MQMs after spending $50,000 on the card in that same year. You are eligible to earn the bonus for both the personal and business card, if you have both.
- Bonus Miles: On an annual basis, you can earn 10,000 bonus miles after spending $25,000 on the card in the calendar year, plus another 10,000 bonus miles after spending $50,000 on the card that same year. You are eligible to earn the bonus for both the personal and business card, if you have both.
- American Express OPEN Benefits: The Gold business and Platinum business will give you access to American Express OPEN savings. This gives you a 5% statement credit when you use your card at many merchants, including: FedEx, Hertz, etc. You can read more about AMEX Open savings here.
Unfortunately though, all four cards are limited to one sign up offer in a lifetime. So if you’ve received this offer in the past, you technically are not eligible again. With that being said, each card counts as its own offer, so if you’ve only received the offer for one of these cards in the past, you are still eligible for the other three cards/offers.
Essentially, the Platinum cards will earn you an extra miles, but it will cost you $195. Depending on what the sign up bonus is at the time, this may or may not be worth it. I really recommend any of these cards during one of Delta’s limited time sign up offers (when the card is offering anywhere between 50,000-70,000 miles) and it all comes down to the number of miles you are looking to earn and the benefits you need. Also, if you’ve already applied for the Gold cards in the past, this might be a great opportunity to apply for the Platinum cards since the bonus offer is much higher then what we’ve seen in the past.
Since I personally have applied for both Delta Gold cards in the past, the Delta Platinum cards are on my radar!
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express:
Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links. As always, thank you for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!