This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is a quick tomorrow that starting tomorrow, January 15, 2017, IHG will be changing the categories for about 650 of their hotels. Out of those hotels, unfortunately most are going up a category (or two!). While this still represents a small percentage of their overall hotels, there are some really good hotels moving up and there are even more in that top tier category requiring 60,000 points a night. As long as you book by end of day today, you are still locked into today’s category pricing.
This means that you have exactly two weeks to book a hotel room for the properties that are going up a category. These hotels will require an additional 5,000 or 10,000 points to redeem for a free night. Here is a list of all of the hotels changing categories.
Without listing out every single one, here are a few that I am sad to see move up a category:
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba (this one went up a category last year too!)
- InterContinental Sydney
- InterContinental Bordeaux
- InterContinental Düsseldorf
- Crowne Plaza Auckland
- Holiday Inn Lisbon
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ventura Harbor
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
- Holday Inn Resort Bar Harbor
- InterContinental Los Angeles Century City
- InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C.
- InterContinental Boston
What hotel reservations did you make today?