This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE: This offer has expired.
This is a reminder that the offer for the Blue for Business® Credit Card from American Express is set to expire tomorrow. Originally it was supposed to end on February 1st but was extended till February 22nd. This is a unique offer as not only will you earn a set number of points after your first purchase, you’ll also earn extra points on spend for the first 6-12 months (depending on the purchase) while being a cardholder. This card comes with no annual fee!
I personally applied for this card and although originally denied I was able to get American Express to approve the card for me. They initially denied my approval due to having too many American Express lending cards. They used to only allow you to have 4 active lending cards, but it seems like they have recently upped the amount to 5. From my experience, I believe their system still automatically denies you if you have 4, but if you call and explain that you only have 4 and that American Express now allows 5, they will put you through the approval process again.
With this card offer you’ll earn:
- 10x points at U.S. restaurants for the first six months, on up to $2,000 in purchases (thereafter you earn 1x point)
- 2x points on all qualifying purchases on the first $50,000 for the first year
- 10,000 Membership Reward points after making your first purchase on the card within the first 3 months of Card Membership
With this card you’ll also earn a 30% annual points bonus based on your previous years purchases. That means, you’ll really earn 10.3 points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants (for the first 6 months) and 2.3 points per dollar spent on every other purchase (for the first 12 months). Every year thereafter, you’ll earn 1.3 points per dollar spent on all purchases.
- Access to the American Express OPEN Savings program. I wrote about this more here, but essentially you can get 5% as a statement credit at participating merchants, i.e., Hertz. There are stipulations to each program, so make sure to look at the prior post about the certain caveats. If you were to rent Hertz card often, for example, and selected the 3% cash back on car rentals, this would end up giving you 8% cash back.
- Receive statement credits with Amex Offers. Since this is an American Express credit card, you’ll be eligible to take advantage of more American Express offers. This means you can earn statement credits at many popular merchants with a credit card that doesn’t have an annual fee! If you partake in these offers then you are already ahead! I am personally able to earn thousands of dollars back a year with all my cards combined! It also seems like some of the really really good offers are available only to business cards as well, so this card should earn you some good statement credits!
This is a nice offer for a no annual fee credit card especially if you dine out often. It is also nice that you’ll receive the 10,000 points just after your first purchase, no high minimum spend required! If you are in the market for a no annual fee cash back card, this could be a good addition to your wallet. Since it is an American Express business card and is not reported on your credit report, it does NOT count towards Chase’s “5/24” rule.
If you fully maximize the offer, you can ultimately earn 78,000 bonus points on top of the points you’d earn anyways (9 extra points for the first $2,000 in restaurant purchases + 10,000 Membership Reward points + 50,000 extra points on your first $50,000 in spend).
*Terms and limitations apply
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!