Through May 17, 2017 you can receive a $100 statement credit when you spend $500 or more at Delta. You’ll have to sign into your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are targeted as there’s no Twitter hashtag for this promotion. Before adding the offer to your card, make sure to use the multi-browser trick to register multiple cards. Unfortunately though, it seems like this offer is extremely targeted. I personally only see this offer on one of my many Amex credit cards.
This offer is only valid for Delta flights booked through Delta directly where your flight originates in the US/US territory. It also looks like more then just the purchase of a flight will qualify. The terms specify:
- Flight must originate in the US/US territory
- Valid for purchases made directly with Delta Air Lines as the merchant of record, such as (but not limited to) (i) flight reservations & fare upgrades, (ii) seat selection fees, change fees, baggage fees, (iii) purchase, transfer, gifting or donation of Skymiles®, Sky Club membership fees or passes, (iv) Delta Shuttle® Flights and Delta Vacation® packages when purchased online at delta.com
- Excluded: (i) purchases in-person at the airport, lounges, or sales offices, (ii) purchases on-board flights for food, beverage, & WiFi, (iii) stand alone hotel or car rental bookings on delta.com, (iv) Skymile Marketplace purchases, Skymile Experiences™, Skymile Cruises
Remember, you do not actually need to fly by this date, just need to have the transaction hit your credit card by this date. If you have been able to taken advantage of this offer and have any data points on what works/does not work, please comment below. For example, the purchase of gift cards, etc.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.