This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Last month I wrote about the long anticipated opening of the Grand Hyatt Baha Mar resort in Nassau Bahamas. At that time, the full fledge opening date was set for May 29th. However, a few days after the hotel started taking reservations, they changed their opening date to May 8th. That means, if you have any plans of being in the Bahamas during the month of May and wanted to check out this hotel, you are now able to!
During the month of May, as well as most dates throughout the summer, are pricing out somewhere between $350-$375 night + taxes. Or, you can always redeem 20,000 points for a free night, or do cash & points at 10,000 points + $125. Keep in mind, this hotel comes with a $30/night resort fee. Personally, I think if you are looking to go to the Caribbean during an off-peak time, this hotel is over priced. With that being said, it is brand spanking new and supposed to be awesome.
Did you book at 15,000 points?
For the first two days when the hotel started taking reservations, it was pricing out at 15,000 points a night online throughout the entire booking process. However, 20,000 points per night were actually deducted. During the first day of the mistake, the Hyatt Twitter team was crediting back the 5,000 point per night difference. The following day, they were not able to actually do anything and instead passed the information onto a specific management team who was looking into everything. Just a few days ago, I noticed that all reservations were credited the 5,000 point per night difference, so I am glad to see that Hyatt actually did a “make good” on this and fully honored the lower points listed. If you made a reservation when it was listed as 15,000 points per night, but never received a credit for the difference, I suggest reaching out to the Hyatt Twitter Concierge team to see if they can escalate your confirmation number to the appropriate team to get the points credited.
About Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
This hotel on Cable Beach will feature 707 rooms and the amenities are supposed to be top notch. This hotel could possibly trump the Atlantis from what I’ve heard. There is a beach, casino, spa, restaurants, bars, and lounges. From the pictures it looks absolutely beautiful!
These photos are taken directly from Hyatt’s website
The hotel states it will have:
- 1800 total rooms including 230 suites and residences; all rooms have either a step-out or full balcony; Grand Club accommodations available
- 3,000 feet of pristine beach
- 7 Pools and a Beach Sanctuary
- Hobby Horse Nature Preserve
- Water Sports
- 20 culinary restaurant options including fresh seafood grill, pool grill, international buffet, Pan-Asian noodle bar, Chinese cuisine and casual bites
- 11 Bars & Lounges featuring cocktails and light fare in bars by the pool, Casino and restaurants
- Situated on 3,000 feet of white sandy beach
- Grand Club Lounge & accomodations
- Fitness Center
- 100,000 square feet of gaming excitement; the casino floor will rival the best around the world
- Destination Spa — 30,000 square feet of divine relaxation – managed by espa
- 18-hole, 72-par Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, Royal Blue
- Tennis courts & facilities
- 200,000 sq ft of flexible indoor & outdoor meeting/event spaces
- 82,000 sq ft Convention, Arts & Entertainment Center: three ballrooms & 16 breakouts
Will you be visiting this resort?