Today’s Daily Getaway promotion (Week 4, Day 4) is offering the opportunity to get 20% off the purchase of Marriott eGift cards. In my opinion, this is one of the best offers yet during the 5 week promotion. With this offer, you can purchase gift cards in the following increments:
- $100 gift card for $80 (1,070 available)
- $250 gift card for $200 (252 available)
- $500 gift card for $400 (200 available)
If you typically stay at Marriott hotels or have an upcoming stay, then this is a great deal. A few things to keep in mind:
- If you are booking a pre-paid rate you will not be able to use gift certificates as your payment method
- I’ve never found the exchange rate to be favorable when using hotel gift cards internationally – most likely you will lose some value
- If you have a stay booked on points, you can still use the gift certificate for other incidentals on your bill, such as dining charges, spa, etc.
- The gift certificates do not expire
This deal will go on sale at 1pm EST TODAY Thursday May 4. I believe this will be a very popular deal due to the fixed discount and unfortunately there are not too many available. While I foresee this promotion selling out quickly, you still might have a shot. You can find out more about the Daily Getaway promotions here.