American Airlines just announced a pretty nice promotion where you can earn up to 10,000 American Airline bonus miles when completing purchases with four specific partners:
- AAdvantage Dining: a minimum purchase amount of $25.00 in a single transaction.
- AAdvantage eShopping: a minimum purchase amount of $50.00 in a single transaction.
- 1-800-Flowers.com: during the Promotion Period, American Airlines will market offers (a “1-800-Flowers.com Offer”) from 1-800-Flowers.com through American Airlines‘ marketing channels (AA.com, Email, eSummary statement, etc.). The marketing communication will contain a link to a website that will allow an American Airlines AAdvantage member to redeem the 1-800-Flowers.com Offer. A redemption of the 1-800-Flowers.com Offer will qualify as a Qualifying Transaction (provided that such order is not subsequently cancelled). American Airlines AAdvantage® members can also redeem the 1-800-Flowers.com Offer by calling 1-800-356-9377, using the promo code ADDV, providing the member’s AAdvantage number and consummating the applicable 1-800-Flower Offer. 1-800-Flower Offers are subject to additional restrictions, limitations and blackout periods.
- Vinesse: Sign up and enjoy 6 wines for only $6.99/bottle and 1¢ shipping, plus earn 3,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles
Earn up to 10,000 bonus miles
Through May 1 and June 15, 2017, you’ll earn:
- 2,000 bonus miles by meeting the requirements for 2 participating partners
- 5,000 bonus miles by meeting the requirements for 3 participating partners
- 10,000 bonus miles by meeting the requirements for 4 participating partners
Quite honestly, this is a pretty easy promotion to take advantage of. While you might spend some extra money out of pocket to earn the miles, there are a few transactions that you’d probably be spending your money on anyways. For example, spending $50 through the online shopping portal is quite easy and isn’t something that is actually costing me extra money. Whenever I shop online (which is quite often), I always use a shopping portal anyways. For the dining program, there are many participating restaurants, especially if you live in a large city. Just make sure to connect your credit card to your American Airlines number. This is also something that is easy to do without actually spending any extra money that you wouldn’t have spent anyways. For the flowers, it seems as $30 is the cheapest price of flowers you’ll be able to find that falls within the requirements of the promotion. Remember, there is currently an Amex Offers that will give you a $15 statement credit on a $50+ purchase. And for the wine, this is definitely not something I’d purchase anyways, but to get 6 bottles of wine for $42 isn’t so bad, especially when there are miles on the table. Just remember though, the wine is a subscription service, so you’ll want to cancel it – I have zero experience with this!
Ultimately, earning the full miles will cost you about $152. But, as I mentioned above, many of these purchases would be completed anyways. For me personally, the Vinesse wine is the only transaction that could pose some problem. I ‘ve never purchased wine through this method and not quite sure how easy (or difficult!) it is to cancel a subscription and still earn the miles. So I look at this promotion as costing me $42 (I hope!). Not bad for 10,000 bonus miles, plus all the regular miles earned for these transactions!
I’ll actually be participating in this promotion and will share my success along the way. Will you be taking advantage of this promotion?
Thanks to Mommy Points for sharing this promotion!