This is a quick reminder that today is the last day for Ebate’s “Birthday Week” where you can receive 15% cash back at over 200 online merchants. If you shop online often, this is probably a promotion you want to look into! I personally took advantage of this offer a few days ago as I was ordering a piece of furniture through Pier 1. Not only did I receive 20% off my order due to a coupon code I found, I also earned an additional 15% cash back through Ebates! This was something I was ordering anyways, so to get the extra savings of $60 was a nice bonus! Keep in mind though that some stores were only offering the 15% cash back for a few days throughout the week, so you might not see the same savings as you saw a few days ago.
How does a Ebates work?
I first want to preface it that going through an online shopping portal to earn cash back will take you an extra minute, if that. Ultimately, you go to the shopping portal first, but complete your online shopping through the merchants site directly. In the background, the purchase is tracked and you’ll get credit by going through Ebates.
- First, you go to Ebates.com. If you are not already a member, you’ll receive a $10 bonus after you spend $25 within the first 90 days of signing up. You must sign up through a referral link (thank you in advance for using mine, but feel free to post yours in the comments section!)
- Search for the store you are looking to make a purchase at and click the green “Search” button. You can also access all the “15% cash back” merchants here.
- Click the “Shop Now” button. Right above it you’ll see the current cash back listed.
- Ebates will then take you directly to the merchants site. For the example above, you will be taken directly to bloomingdales.com as if you typed that in your web browser to begin with. There is absolutely no difference, but you are now getting 15% cash back on your entire purchase, which is amazing!!!
Some popular 15% back participating merchants:
- Neiman Marcus Last Call
- Neiman Marcus
- Living Social
- Foot Locker
- Lord & Taylor
- Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th
- Barney’s New York
This is a really really really good opportunity for cash back at participating merchants! You can also earn cash back on top of using a coupon! For example, Macy’s is currently offering 20% off (use coupon code MOM). That means on top of the 20% savings you’ll also receive 15% cash back on the final price paid. So a $200 item will cost you $160 and then you’ll receive $24 back from Ebates! This is giving you 32% off!!
Enjoy the extra savings!