Earlier today I wrote a post letting you all know that IHG is having a 4-day flash sale where you can purchase points with a 100% bonus. This bonus brings the cost down to 0.575 cents per point. While this is a great promotion to purchase points and allows you to potentially save money on a desired stay, you are capped at purchasing 60,000 points per account – meaning you can ultimately net a maximum of 120,000 points.
If you are looking to add more then 120,000 IHG points to your account, there is another way to purchase points to the same account at a similar cost per point. While the Daily Getaways travel deals are over, there are still some offers that did not sell out and still available for purchase.
Six of those still available offers include purchasing IHG points. With the Daily Getaways, you can purchase:
- 8,500 IHG Rewards Club Points for $49 (1,000 available); cost = .576 cents per point –> this is the cheapest price per point
- 15,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $89 (1,000 available); cost = .593 cents per point
- 25,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $149 (750 available); cost = .596 cents per point
- 50,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $299 (755 available); cost = .598 cents per point
- 100,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $589 (2,900 available); cost = .589 cents per point
- 130,000 IHG Rewards Club Points for $749 (1,000 available); cost = .576 cents per point –> this is the cheapest price per point
With the six options above, you can purchase a maximum amount of 3 packages per offer per account. While these options are more then purchasing points with the 100% bonus, it is only slightly more expensive. The 8,500 point and 130,000 point options are only .001 cent more expensive!
So if you are looking at an IHG hotel, definitely do the math to see if buying points to redeem is less expensive then paying the lowest rate available.