This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Another Frequent Traveler University (FTU) has been announced and this time it will feature two different events – a one day only FTU Travel Expo and a weekend long event FTU Signature. Both events will take place at the Marriott O’Hare Hotel, Chicago the weekend of November 18, 2017. They are saying that this might actually be the biggest FTU yet with over 3,000 attendees!
Should You Attend FTU Travel Expo or FTU Signature?
Although both events are being held on the same weekend at the same location, the experience is quite different. FTU Travel Expo is geared towards beginners – those getting into the points and miles world. It is also just a one-day event. It is a one-day only event on November 18, 2017. FTU Signature is an entire weekend for those really looking to get a deep dive into the points and miles world. It is catered more towards those that would currently consider themselves an intermediate or advanced points/miles traveler. While you’ll receive access to the Travel Expo on the 18th, there will be many more sessions and social events throughout the entire weekend.
FTU Travel Expo is a brand new addition to the FTU weekend and is the first time they are running this one-day only session. FTU Signature is the same as the previously known FTU Advanced that they’ve been running for many years. You can learn more and purchase tickets here.
- FTU Travel Expo: Regular price is $39, but if you book by June 25, 2017 you’ll receive $10 off by using coupon code FTUEARLY. This ticket is good for Expo sessions only taking place on November 18, 2017.
- All attendees will receive a special rate of $3/day for parking at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare.
- FTU Signature: Regular price is $249, but if you book by July 31, 2017, you’ll receive $10 off by using coupon code FTUEARLY. This ticket is good for all Signature sessions taking place November 17-19, 2017. There are also social activities that take place throughout the weekend to allow you to meet and learn from other obsessed points and miles folks.
- If you would like to stay at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare, there is a group rate of $109/night. You are also able to stay elsewhere if you need to earn points in another program!
- If you live locally, you can also drive in a get a special rate of $3 day at the Chicago Marriott O’Hare. If you need to park overnight, the standard parking rates will apply.
- You’ll receive lunch of Saturday and Sunday as well as a welcome reception (with hors d’oeuvres, drinks, wine, and beer included) on Friday.
If you are looking to learn some tips and tricks about earning and redeeming your miles, traveling like a pro, and just saving money overall, this could be a great opportunity for you!