InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) just announced that their 5,000 point a night PointBreak hotels list is now available. These properties are available for reservations starting July 31 through October 31, 2017. So you have the weekend to go over the list and figure out any reservations that appeal to you. There are over 100 participating hotels, which you can check out here.
At the participating properties, you can get a free night at many InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites for only 5,000 points a night! This is an unbelievable offer and participating properties seem to rotate every few months or so. For the most part, do not expect there to be many high end properties on the list. Most hotels are outside major cities and along highways, but you still might find a great hotel for your needs! You can learn more about IHG’s PointBreak offers here.
For those also with a zero account balance, there are a few good ways to earn points to redeem for the 5,000 point hotel:
- IHG Rewards Credit Card – Earn 80,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first three months. This is the publicly available offer, but there is a targeted 100,000 point offer where if you apply for the 80k offer you can secure message Chase and they will most likely match you to the targeted offer! Annual fee is $49/year (waived the first year), and after each account anniversary you’ll receive a free night to use at any IHG hotels. Related blog post detailing card offer and benefits.
- Transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards – You can transfer your Chase UR points at a 1:1 ratio, although compared to the other transfer partners it is not a great value. But if this is your only way to get the 5,000 points then it can definitely be worthwhile.
PointBreak reservations go fast, so if there is a hotel you are interested in, I suggest booking immediately when they come available. Also, IHG only allows you to book two PointBreak reservations per account.
You can learn more about the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) program here:
- Free Night Annually with the IHG Credit Card
- Various Ways to Earn IHG Points
- “Buying” IHG Points for .7 Cents/Point
- Understanding IHG PointBreak Offers
- Utilizing the IHG Friends & Family Rate
Enjoy your discounted nights!