Last week I wrote about one of my favorite Amex Offers resurfacing with Boxed.com. While this is a great way to save money on purchasing bulk household items, there are a ton of other offers and promotions to stack with this savings where you can actually get up to 82.5% off your purchase! I personally was able to add $100 worth of items, including shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, tissues, and on-the-go Horizon milk boxes, and will ultimately only pay $17.50 for them!
Steps to Fully Maximize Boxed.com Savings
- Register for the Amex Offer. You can either register via your AmericanExpress.com account or through Twitter using #AmexBoxed. You can learn more about Amex Offers and this particular offer here.
- Add your American Express card to Drop. This is an app where you’ll automatically get points for shopping with your linked card – sign up for drop here. Currently, there is an offer where if you spend $50 or more at Boxed.com you’ll receive 20,000 points, which is worth $20 towards a gift card. New accounts will also get an extra 1,000 added to their Drop account. You can learn more about Drop here.
- Sign up for a Boxed.com Account. If you are new to Boxed.com, sign up through a referral link where you will save $15 on your first Boxed order of $60 or more. My referral link is P4H9U (thanks to those who use it, but make sure to leave yours in the comment section as well for other readers!)
- Use Ibotta to Shop: Right now, the app Ibotta is offering 10% cash back. On top of that, they are also offering a flat $5 bonus. Before you actually shop, you’ll want to download the Ibotta app and click the red “Shop” button to do your shopping. It will ultimately take you to the regular Boxed.com site. And if you are new to Ibotta you’ll receive an additional $10 bonus, which I didn’t include in the savings calculations. You can sign up for Ibotta here. If you’d prefer another online shopping portal, as of today TopCashBack is offering 8% cash back and Ebates 4% cash back.
- Shop! Add $100 worth of items to your shopping cart. At checkout, new members can apply code DANSJULY25 for 25% off their first order of $100 or more. This will bring your order down to $75 which is perfect since the Amex Offer requires you to put $75 or more on your registered Amex card. Unfortunately, I do not believe coupon codes stack, so you might not be able to use the above code with the new member $15 off offer. You’ll have to try every combo and see what works best. Other coupon codes = JULY17 (17% off for new members, no minimum), SEEYOUSOON ($3 off for existing members).
So here is the math on how a $100 purchase can ultimately cost you only $17.50. This is assuming you are a new Boxed.com customer, but there doesn’t seem like there is a limit to the number of email addresses you can have with Boxed.
- Coupon code: $100 purchase – 25% using the coupon for new members = $75.00. $25 DISCOUNT
- Amex Offer: $25 statement credit on a $75+ purchase, means you’ll see a $25 credit on your Amex card. $25 DISCOUNT
- Drop Offer: Within 5 days of your purchase, you’ll receive 20,000 bonus points. While this is not straight cash, it can be used to cash out for gift cards, such as Amazon, Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Old Navy, iTunes, Gap, Nordstrom, Groupon, AMC, Banana Republic, Whole Foods Market. You can also redeem at other stores, but need more points, such as Barnes & Noble, Applebee’s, Apple, Lyft, JCPenney, Hotels.com, Best Buy, American Airlines. Since Amazon is a redemption option I consider this the same as cash since I can put the gift card right into my Amazon account and use it on my Amazon purchase. I use Amazon multi-times a week, so this gift card will be redeemed almost immediately on a purchase I’d make anyways. $20 DISCOUNT
- Ibotta Offer: Since the transaction total is $75, you’ll receive $7.50 (10% cash back) plus an additional $5 bonus for a total of $12.50. And remember, if you are new you’ll receive an extra $10 bonus. $12.50 DISCOUNT
So if you add up all of the discounts that is $82.50. That means your $100 purchase will ultimately only cost you $17.50 – a 82% discount! Of course this takes some work, but to set everything up really shouldn’t take more then 10 minutes total. Definitely worth it for such a savings! Now, to be fair, I did price everything I purchased at Boxed.com against Costco and Amazon. And while some items were priced the same, there were a few items slightly higher. In total, the $100 of purchased items would have cost about $10 less at these other stores. So if you want to compare Apples to Apples, I purchased about $90 worth of items for $17.50. Still a huge discount!
Feel free to comment below with your success story! What did you purchase? What was your savings? Or if you have any questions!