Earlier this week InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) announced their 5,000 point a night PointBreak hotels list. These properties are available for reservations through January 31, 2018. There are over 100 participating hotels, which you can check out here.
At the participating properties, you can get a free night at many InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites for only 5,000 points a night! This is an unbelievable offer and participating properties seem to rotate every few months or so. For the most part, do not expect there to be many high end properties on the list. Most hotels are outside major cities and along highways, but you still might find a great hotel for your needs! You can learn more about IHG’s PointBreak offers here.
For those also with a zero account balance, there are a few good ways to earn points to redeem for the 5,000 point hotel:
- IHG Rewards Credit Card – Earn 60,000-100,000 points depending on the current offer and meeting the minimum spend requirement. The IHG annual fee is $49/year (waived the first year), and after each account anniversary you’ll receive a free night to use at any IHG hotels. You can learn more about hotel credit card offers here.
- Transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards – You can transfer your Chase UR points at a 1:1 ratio, although compared to the other transfer partners it is not a great value. But if this is your only way to get the 5,000 points then it can definitely be worthwhile.
- Purchase points with a 100% bonus! – This is a great offer where you can receive a 100% bonus on all points purchased through November 3, 2017. You can purchase 10,000 points (5,000 points + 5,000 point bonus) for just $67.50, which means if you are able to snag two Point Break hotels, that is just $33.75 per night! You can learn more about this 100% bonus offer here.
PointBreak reservations go fast, so if there is a hotel you are interested in, I suggest booking immediately. Also, IHG only allows you to book two PointBreak reservations per account.
You can learn more about the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) program here:
- Free Night Annually with the IHG Credit Card
- Various Ways to Earn IHG Points
- “Buying” IHG Points for .7 Cents/Point
- Understanding IHG PointBreak Offers
- Utilizing the IHG Friends & Family Rate
Enjoy your discounted nights!