This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This year Hyatt has decided to be extremely generous and only move 9 hotels up or down a category. Typically, when chain hotels go through their yearly analysis there are a ton of hotels that move and it is typically not in the customers favor. On December 13, 2017, 8 hotels will move up a category and 1 will move down. And the ones moving up aren’t a huge deal.
Hotels Moving Up a Category
- Hyatt Place Orlando Airport – moving from a category 1 to 2
- Hyatt Place Orlando/Lake Mary – moving from a category 1 to 2
- Hyatt Place St. Paul – moving from a category 1 to 2
- Hyatt Place Augusta – moving from a category 2 to 3
- Hyatt Place Santa Cruz – moving from a category 2 to 4
- Highlands Inn, a Hyatt Hotel – moving from a category 6 to 7
- Hyatt Place Long Island/New York City – moving from a category 2 to 3
- Hyatt Place Shenzhen, Dongmen – moving from a category 1 to 2
In my opinion, the only real unfortunate ones are the Highlands Inn right in Big Sur, although getting a points reservation is hard since it is a vacation club resort. And the Hyatt Place in Long Island, although a category 3 for easy access to New York City is still great – it is a quick subway ride.
Hotel Moving Down a Category
- The Confidante Hotel – moving from a category 6 to 4
This is a great hotel to move down as it is on Miami Beach and gives Hyatt folks another inexpensive option. You can also now use your Hyatt credit card free night certificate at this hotel since it is capped at a category 4 hotel. Although I have no personal experience at this hotel, would love to hear your experience!
Not a bad list at all! I also like that no hotels are moving from a category 4 to a category 5, so all hotels that were typically eligible for the Hyatt credit card free night certificate are still eligible. And now we have one more hotel eligible in a really good location – Miami Beach!
If you are looking to book a hotel moving up a category, you’ll need to make that reservation by December 13, 2017 at 12:01am CST. So really tomorrow, December 12th is your last full day to make any reservations. If you already have a reservation at the The Confidante Hotel (the one hotel moving down a category), you’ll receive the points different automatically into your account. I’d just double check to make sure it is actually done.
Thanks to View from the Wing for sharing this list.