This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
There are some pretty awesome promotions right now with Google Express where you can save a good amount of money on your every day purchases. If you have no idea what Google Express is, read below. I love it! Here’s a list of all of the promotions:
- Shop through the Google Express app and save 20%, up to $20. Just use code APPANDSAVE20 at checkout.
- Free shipping on orders of $15 or more. Typically, most stores require $25 or $35 to get free shipping, but for a limited time it is only $15! This is pretty awesome and on par with how the service used to be when you had to pay a monthly fee. There is now no monthly fee!
- $20 statement credit with a $50 or more purchase with Amex Offers. Unfortunately this is a targeted offers so you’ll need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible for this offer. This offer CAN be combined with the 20% discount by using the app! You can learn more about this promotion here.
- Purchase a Google Home Mini for $29.99 at Walmart (through Google Express) and you’ll receive a $25 credit to use on a future Walmart purchase. This means you are ultimately purchase the Google Home Mini for $4.99! You can take advantage of this offer two times per account. I purchased two of these last month and have already used my credits. You can learn more about this promotion here.
- New Google Shopping members receive a $10 credit towards your next purchase. While this cannot be combined with the 20% app promotion, it can be combined with the Google Home Mini offer! That would actually bring the price down to $19 and will still get you the $25 credit, which means you are coming out ahead! You can sign up here (this is my referral link, thanks in advance!)
What is Google Express?
Google Express is an awesome service, run by Google obviously, where they will hand deliver or ship purchased items from participating stores. Some stores include Costco, Target, Babies R Us, Kohl’s, Staples, Walgreens, Barnes & Nobles, Walmart, Whole Foods, etc. The exact stores depend on your location. I’ve personally been using Google Express for 3+ years and am obsessed with it! I started using it while living in NYC and am so happy that they expanded it where they now ship items from a central hub to allow those in the burbs to take advantage. While living in NYC, I was able to place an order and typically receive the purchased items within a few hours. It came in very handy for my Costco and Target shopping purchases! Now, being in the suburbs of Boston, purchases typically take a few days to arrive at my doorstep, but at least I do not have to leave my house!
With this service, you purchase your items directly through the Google Express site and you typically pay the exact price if you were to shop directly through that merchant. Although, over the past few months I have seen some pricing differences depending on the store, item, and location. It used to be that you were never overpaying for an item, but now it seems as though you still aren’t overpaying compared to the base price but maybe not getting the same sale price. Overall though, pricing is comparable and the convenience is great. Google Express also has amazing customer service! For example, I receive a bulk supply of baby crackers which an expiration date only a few weeks out. There was no way we would be able to consume all the crackers and I felt like this type of item would have at least a 6+ month shelf life. I called Google and they immediately credited me for my purchase, no questions asked.
Overall, I love Google Express for both the convenience and the various promotions they run. If you haven’t tried it out, I highly suggest you do so!