This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
UPDATE: It was 4am when I wrote this post, one sleep shut and the other hardly open. So I apologize for not fully reading the terms. One of the offers is for a new Sam’s Club membership only. Be back later with an update post!
Two new Sam’s Club Amex Offers popped up this week where you can ultimately spend $45 and receive $40 in statement credits. An amazing deal especially since Sam’s Club sells many merchant gift cards, especially MasterCard gift cards! While these two offers are targeted (meaning no Twitter hashtag), they seem to be available on most accounts. Out of 11 cards only 3 were not targeted.
Both of these offers are only available for purchases through SamClub.com (online) and NOT in-store purchases. I believe as long as you spend $45 you will receive the statement credit for BOTH offers, although I am going to test it out today to double check. This means a $45 purchase will only cost you $5!
If you have an Membership Reward earning card, instead of receiving a $25 statement credit with the $45 purchase, you might instead have received an offer giving you 2,500 bonus points with your purchase. If you value your points at about 1.7 cents per point (the minimum I’d redeem at), this is worth about $42.50! So while it won’t get you cash in your pocket immediately, it is arguably a better offer then the $25 statement credit and it will give you some good points towards travel!
- Go to AmericanExpress.com and register for the offer. If you have multiple American Express credit cards make sure to use the multiple browser trick. Make sure to read this post first!!
- Make your $45+ purchase at SamClub.com by January 31, 2018.
Maximizing the Deal
There are many ways to fully maximize this deal which I will write about later today. But the best “money making opportunity” involves purchasing a MasterCard Gift Card. Sam’s Club sells a $50 gift card for $53.88. While other merchant gift cards receive a discount, the Visa and MasterCards have no discount tied to them and actually carry a small fee. Purchase one of these gift cards and receive the $40 statement credit. This means you’ll ultimately be paying $13.88 for a $50 MasterCard gift card that you can then use where ever you want! I consider these gift cards the same as cash since you can use anywhere MasterCard is accepted, which is pretty much everywhere. This means you are essentially earning $36.12 in free money! And remember, you can take advantage of this offer on every single American Express card you have!
Many of you probably already have a Sam’s Club membership due to the even better Sam’s Club Amex Offer that was available earlier this year. But if your membership has lapsed or if did not take advantage of that offer/purchase a membership, you can still shop online:
- Sam’s Club adds a 10% service charge for non-members, so that will reduce your profit, you’ll still come out ahead
- If you live in California, South Carolina and Elmsford, New York you do not need to pay the 10% service fee. I believe you just need your account to be set up with an address in one of those places, I do not believe your item actually needs to be shipped to that same address. Readers, please comment below with your experience.
- Find a friend who is a member and have them purchase your item and use your credit card
- Purchase a discounted membership via Groupon or Living Social (when available)
This is an amazing opportunity, especially since it doesn’t matter if you live near a Sam’s Club or not. I’ll be sure to put together a post on fully maximizing this deal with other items as well. Remember, enrollment is limited, so enroll now. Once you enroll you are set, just need to purchase by the end of January.