This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
There are currently two Sam’s Club Amex offers which expire TODAY, January 31, 2018. One offer is for regular purchases made online at SamsClub.com, while the 2nd offer is for those purchasing a Sam’s Club membership. This post is just going to focus on the first offer – spend $30 online on ANYTHING and get a $15 statement credit. This is an amazing deal especially since Sam’s Club sells many merchant gift cards, especially MasterCard gift cards! While this is a targeted offer, it seems to be widely available.
- Go to AmericanExpress.com and register for the offer. If you have multiple American Express credit cards make sure to use the multiple browser trick. Make sure to read this post first!!
- Make your $30+ purchase at SamClub.com by January 31, 2018.
Maximizing the Deal
There are many ways to fully maximize this deal which I will write about later today. But the best “money making opportunity” involves purchasing a MasterCard Gift Card. Sam’s Club sells a $50 gift card for $53.88. While other merchant gift cards receive a discount, the Visa and MasterCards have no discount tied to them and actually carry a small fee. Purchase one of these gift cards and receive the $15 statement credit. This means you’ll ultimately be paying $38.88 for a $50 MasterCard gift card that you can then use where ever you want! I consider these gift cards the same as cash since you can use anywhere MasterCard is accepted, which is pretty much everywhere. This means you are essentially earning $11.12 in free money! Now, if you have multiple registered Amex cards you can purchase a higher value gift card and use up to 2 American Express credit cards to pay during a single purchase. Many of you probably already have a Sam’s Club membership due to the even better Sam’s Club Amex Offer that was available earlier this year. But if your membership has lapsed or if did not take advantage of that offer/purchase a membership, you can still shop online:
- Sam’s Club adds a 10% service charge for non-members, so that will reduce your profit, you’ll still come out ahead
- If you live in California, South Carolina and Elmsford, New York you do not need to pay the 10% service fee. I believe you just need your account to be set up with an address in one of those places, I do not believe your item actually needs to be shipped to that same address. Readers, please comment below with your experience.
- Find a friend who is a member and have them purchase your item and use your credit card
- Purchase a discounted membership via Groupon or Living Social (when available)
This is an amazing opportunity, especially since it doesn’t matter if you live near a Sam’s Club or not. What will you be purchasing?