This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
One of my favorite Amex Offers from last year is back again! While this offer was better the best two times, this time around you’ll receive a $20 statement credit on a $75+ purchase at Boxed.com. This offer seems to be widely available so you should see it on most of your American Express accounts! This offer expires April 15, 2018.
If you have an American Express Membership Reward earning card, you probably saw a slightly different offer. Spend $75+ and receive 2,000 Membership Reward points. I value those points to be worth about $34, so this could potentially be an even better offer!
To register your Amex card to this promotion:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offer & Benefits” area.
- Find the Boxed offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button. Make sure to read the multi-browser trick first!
- Spend $75 in one or more transactions on your registered card.
- I’d go ahead and save the offer sooner then later as you never know when it will hit maximum enrollment!
Maximizing the Deal:
While receiving a $20 statement credit on your purchase is great, there are many other ways to stack even more savings!
- If you are new to Boxed.com, sign up through a referral link where you will save $15 on your first Boxed order of $60 or more. My referral link is P4H9U (thanks to those who use it, but make sure to leave yours in the comment section as well for other readers!)
- Use an online shopping portal to earn cash back on your purchase. As of today, Ebates is offering the highest cash back at 6%! This change on a daily basis so make sure to check Ebates, TopCashBack, etc.
- Use a coupon code such as GETBULK which will give you 10% off.
**To trigger the statement credit, you can have multiple purchases, just the total amount spent must be $75 or more.
I personally just purchased $91.31 and received $15 off by using a referral link, bringing my total down to $76.31 This will then trigger the $20 statement credit which means I will only pay $57 for my $91 purchase! You can always sign up for multiple new Boxed account by using a new email address. And if you do not have enough email addresses just add +1 to your email, for example, instead of using firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc. to get more “new” email accounts with bulk.
On top of purchasing household items in bulk (think Costco), you can also purchase gift cards at a discounted price. Gift cards go in and out of stock, so you might not always see all of them available. But right now, for instance, I see they are selling $100 to P.F. Changs for $91.99 or a $85 Outback gift card for only $74.99. If you are eating at their restaurant soon, purchase one of those gift cards and with the $20 statement, you are getting a good deal! This also does not include any coupon codes that might apply or any cash back you might receive.
What I found with Boxed is that some items are cheaper then Costco and Amazon and some are not. So definitely price check to make sure you are getting the best price. But with the $15 off and $20 statement credit, you will most definitely save money! Enjoy your savings!