This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Amex Offers is running an awesome promotion where if you purchase a $50 or more Hilton gift card, you’ll receive a $10 statement credit. You can purchase gift cards here. This comes out to 20% off the gift card purchase and you can take advantage of the offer 4 times per registered American Express credit card! That means a total of $200 in gift cards for only $160, or even more if you have multiple eligible Amex cards! Although you do have to pay for shipping fees which brings down the savings. While this offer has been around for awhile, it is ending very soon! The purchase must hit your credit card statement by February 28, 2018!
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the Amex Offers & Benefits area. Find the Hilton Gift Card offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards so make sure to do the multi-browser trick to learn how to register multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Purchase a $50+ gift card at http://buyhiltongiftcards.com/ and receive a $10 statement credit.
Some things to keep in mind:
- When you use your gift card at international properties that charge in their local currency, you will not receive the most favorable currency exchange rate when using your gift card. The best currency exchange rate is when you use your credit card. With that being said, with the Amex Offer you still should be coming out ahead, but do not expect your savings to be as high.
- You have to purchase $50 gift cards in separate transactions. Purchasing a $200 gift card will not trigger the gift card 4 times, just once. So you must make the purchases separately if you are looking to take advantage multiple times.
- There is a shipping fee of $1.95 per transaction which will reduce your savings. Right now there is no coupon code for free shipping.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!