This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
This is just a quick reminder that today is the last day for the increased sign up offer for the Chase United credit card. With this offer you’ll earn 50,000 miles after you spend $3,000 on the card within the first three months. This is an offer that comes around a few times a year and one of the better offers for this card. Typically this offer is between 25,000-40,000 miles. This offer expires today, March 15, 2018.
Travel benefits with this United credit card offer include:
- Free first checked bag: The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free ($25 value for the first checked bag, each way, per person) on United-operated flights when purchasing tickets with their United MileagePlus Explorer Card.
- Priority boarding: Primary Cardmembers and their companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding.
- No fees on foreign transactions: Purchases made with your Explorer Card outside the U.S. will not be subject to foreign transaction fees.
- 2 United ClubSM passes per anniversary year: Take some time to relax before your flight with two one-time-use United Club passes each year. Enjoy complimentary beverages, snacks, and amenities like workspaces, free Wi-Fi and more.
So how many miles do you need to travel on United?
Domestic economy class tickets are 25,000 miles roundtrip, so this card can get you 2 free ticket (+ taxes) off the bat. Although sometimes a better usage of miles typically though is to use for international travel or business seats. A roundtrip flight to Europe in coach will run you 60,000 miles.
Am I Eligible?
While this is a good card to increase your United balance, especially since the annual fee is waived for the first year, this card is subject to Chase’s “5/24” rule. That means if you’ve been approved for 5 or more credit cards in the past 24 months, Chase will not approve you for this card. Keep in mind though that only Chase and American Express PERSONAL cards (not BUSINESS cards) typically count towards the magic 5 number. Also, this offer is not available to those who are 1) currently a cardmember, and 2) have received a new cardmember bonus for this consumer credit card within the last 24 months.
- United MileagePlus Explorer credit card: Earn 50,000 points after spending $3,000 on the card within the first three months. Earn another 5,000 points by adding an authorized user to the card and making at least one purchase within the first three months. $95 annual fee waived the first year.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thanks for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal.