I am so proud of fellow blogger and friend Ed from Pizza in Motion for finally putting together a travel related podcast. This is something that he has wanted to do for years and finally bit the bullet and did it. He is already 6 episodes in and they are really really good! During the podcast series you’ll also be able to hear from many of your favorite travel gurus as well as yours truly!
- Episode 1: What better way to celebrate our inaugural episode then by talking to Gary Leff of View from the Wing about his experience on American Airlines’ inaugural 737 MAX flight? We’re also joined by Jen Yellin from Deals We Like on the current wave of hotel promotions you might not know about. Lastly, Jeanne Marie Hoffman from Le Chic Geek gives us her best tips and tricks when planning a trip to Las Vegas.
- Episode 2: This episode kicks off with guest Seth Miller from Wandering Aramean talking (or perhaps commiserating) with Ed about the state of airports in America with focus on recent announcements about Chicago O’Hare, JFK and LaGuardia. After that, Seth sticks around to give us the low down and ins and outs on Premium Economy across various carriers. Jen from Deals We Like comes back to talk about creative ways to use shopping apps to earn extra points and miles. Our last segment is an interview with the host of the Travel Like a Boss podcast, Johnny FD. A well known “digital nomad”, he’s spent the last 10 years building passive revenue generating businesses which allow him to literally travel “like a boss”.
- Episode 3: This episode we’re talking with Summer Hull from Mommy Points about Walt Disney World’s “Early Morning Magic”, Hyatt’s new partnership with Oasis Luxury Home Share and some fun Caribbean comparisons of the new Grand Hyatt Baha Mar & the Park Hyatt St. Kitts. Jen from Deals We Like is back to teach us about mattress runs and talk about the current Wyndham promotion. After that we welcome Mike LaRosa from Coworkaholic to report on his experiences with United Airlines’ “new” Polaris Business Class, albeit just the “soft” product.
- Episode 4: This episode we’re joined by Angelina Aucello from Angelina Travels and The Points Guy, tackling sad news of yet another United Airlines PR crisis, the benefits of using Chase Pay and the new Chase Freedom Q2 Category Promo. Later on she’ll share her experience flying to SE Asia with two kids under the age of five and her review of (and awesome Marriott redemption for) the new Ritz-Carlton Langkawi. What’s a ZorkFest? Well, Michael Trager of TravelZork gives us a preview of this awesome travel loyalty AND casino loyalty event taking place in Las Vegas this coming Memorial Day weekend. Jen from Deals We Like offers insight on the upcoming post Marriott/SPG merger Amex and Chase credit card and the latest (and possibly the last?!) SPG Amex for Business 30k point bonus. Last but not least we bid adieu to the short lived Amazon and JetBlue partnership.
- Episode 5: Gary Leff from View from the Wing is back for Ep. 005 chatting with Ed about travel news of the week: the first fatality caused by an accident involving an autonomous Uber and Hyatt Place quietly testing out eliminating free breakfast for most guests. Followed by, on a lighter note, his expert tips on how to book award tickets like a pro. Jen from Deals We Like spots a transfer bonus for Avios from various hotel programs. Lastly, Andy Lutton from Andy’s Travel Blog shares his recommended photo gear and some tips for taking great photos.
- Episode 6: We’ve got a double dose of Jen from Deals We Like this week! She knows the Southwest Airlines’ Companion Pass inside & out and shares her expert insight with us. Her big deal this week is the current promotion run by Upside, which includes some FREE Bose headsets!. Seth from Wandering Aramean gives a dig dive into the history of in-flight WiFi, why it seems like it takes forever for upgraded equipment and speeds and what the future of it looks like.
If you are looking to listen to my segments specifically, you can hear me on all 6 episodes talking about:
- Current hotel promotions: Episode 1; time stamp: 21:55
- Shopping apps to make money: Episode 2; time stamp: 30:00
- Awesome Wyndham promotion: Episode 3; time stamp: 26:48
- Starwood credit card: Episode 4; time stamp: 28:14
- Transferring Marriott Points to Avios at a good value: Episode 5; time stamp: 30:00
- Booking a travel package through Upside and getting a free Bose headset: Episode 6; time stamp: 33:15
- All about the Southwest Companion Pass: Episode 6, time stamp: 39:27
Listen to the podcast:
I hope you all really enjoy listening to the podcast. I know I have thus far! And just remember to give it a (good) rating and subscribe!