This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Today’s Daily Getaway promotion includes two different hotel packages at Fairmont hotels. If you are looking for a hotel getaway this “deal” might be for you. Keep in mind while they are advertised as certain cities, the terms specify that you are getting a certificate which can be used at a certain property category In the past, these certificates could be used at any Fairmont property within that same category (or less) and you were not bound to to the advertised city. I assume that will be the same case last year, although I cannot guarantee.
- Austin: 2 nights at the Fairmont Austin (2 separate one night stay certificates) in a Standard room for $600. Includes breakfast for two, taxes, gratuities, and resort fees. (20 available)
- San Diego: 4 nights at the Fairmont Grand Del Mar (4 separate one night stay certificates) in a Standard room for $2,000. Includes breakfast for two, taxes, gratuities, and resort fees. (10 available).
There are four different “Fairmont Ovation” reward types, ranging from A to D. The Austin property is in the Ovation Reward B collection, which means you should be able to redeem the certificate at any A or B property. Other hotels that fall within these two properties include (Collection A Properties; Collection B Properties):
- Fairmont Austin (Austin)
- Fairmont St. Andrews (Scotland)
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge (Jasper, Canada)
- Fairmont Mount Tremblant (Mt. Tremblant, Canada)
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club (Kenya)
- Fairmont Zimbali Resort (South Africa)
- Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I (Barcelona)
- Fairmont Copley Plaza (Boston)
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (Scottsdale)
- Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa (Sonoma)
The San Diego property is in the Ovation Reward D collection, which means you should be able to redeem the certificate at any A, B, C, or D property. Although you’d only want to redeem at a C or D property to get the values worth. Some sample properties that fall within the reward include (Collection C Properties; Collection D Properties):
- Fairmont Hamilton Princess & Beach Club (Bermuda)
- Fairmont Southampton (Bermuda)
- Fairmont Banff Springs (Banff, Canada)
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise (Lake Louise, Canada)
- Fairmont Mayakoba (Riviera Maya, Mexico)
- Fairmont Le Montreux Palace (Montreux, Switzerland)
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion (Barbados)
- The Savoy, A Fairmont Managed Hotel (London)
- Fairmont Grand Del Mar (San Diego)
- Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge (Telluride)
Remember, you are still paying a pretty penny for these certificates. $304 a night for the Ovation Reward B collection certificate and $500 a night for the Ovation Reward D collection certificate. But during peak season at some of these properties, the hotel price can cost way more! And remember, when comparing the package cost vs the rate of booking directly through Fairmont (or another similar caliber hotel), make sure to take into consideration that these packages include taxes/fee and even breakfast. Also, these certificates have no set expiration date which is nice!
These certificates will go on sale Monday, April 30 at 1pm ET. Since there are only 30 available in total, I do foresee these going fast!