This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A new Sam’s Club Amex Offers popped up today week where you can spend $30 and receive $15 in statement credits. An amazing deal especially since Sam’s Club sells many merchant gift cards, especially MasterCard gift cards! While this might be a targeted offer, it seems to be available on all of my accounts. This offer is only available for purchases through SamClub.com (online) and NOT in-store purchases. The $30 can be split amongst one or more transaction by must hit your account by June 14, 2018.
- Go to AmericanExpress.com and register for the offer. If you have multiple American Express credit cards make sure to use the multiple browser trick. Make sure to read this post first!!
- Make your $35+ purchase at SamClub.com by June 14, 2018.
Maximizing the Deal
There are many ways to fully maximize this deal which I will write about later today. But the best “money making opportunity” involves purchasing prepaid gift cards. For example, if you are not a member and only have 1 targeted Amex card, you can purchase a $25 Vanilla Visa gift card. The cost with the fees comes to $28.44. To get to the $30 mark you can either find a $2 filler item, or if you are not a Sam’s Club member, pay the 10% fee and your total will be $31.28. While you are spending more money then what the gift card is worth, it will trigger the $15 statement credit. So you’ll only be paying $16.28 for a $25 gift card that you can use at most merchants. Of course, this offer is best if you have more registered cards so you can scale your savings!
For example, Sam’s Club allows you to use two credit cards at a time when paying for your purchase. So you can purchase a $50 Visa or MasterCard gift card for $53.88. Find a $7 item that you’d want to purchase anyways to get to the $60 mark. You’ll then receive two $15 statement credits for a total of $30. Assuming you wanted your $7 filler item anyways, you are ultimately only paying $33.88 for your $50 gift card. I consider these gift cards the same as cash since you can use anywhere MasterCard or Visa is accepted, which is pretty much everywhere. And remember, you can take advantage of this offer on every single American Express card you have!
If you do not have a Sam’s Club membership, you can still shop online:
- Sam’s Club adds a 10% service charge for non-members, so that will reduce your profit, you’ll still come out ahead
- If you live in California, South Carolina and Elmsford, New York you do not need to pay the 10% service fee. I believe you just need your account to be set up with an address in one of those places, I do not believe your item actually needs to be shipped to that same address. Readers, please comment below with your experience.
- Find a friend who is a member and have them purchase your item and use your credit card
- Purchase a discounted membership via Groupon or Living Social (when available)
This is an amazing opportunity, especially since it doesn’t matter if you live near a Sam’s Club or not. I’ll be sure to put together a post on fully maximizing this deal with other items as well. Remember, enrollment is limited, so enroll now. Once you enroll you are set, just need to purchase within the next month.