A new Amex Offer popped up this morning where you can receive 3x Membership Reward points on all purchases at Amazon. This is perfect timing for you to earn even more points during your Amazon Prime Day purchases!
With this offer you’ll receive the normal 1 point, plus an additional 2 points, for a total of 3x points on your purchase. This offer seems to be widely available so you should see it in your AmericanExpress.com account. Keep in mind though that ONLY Membership Reward earning credit cards are eligible, you will not see this offer on hotel and airline co-branded cards. I added this offer to my Amex EveryDay which also gets me a 20% bonus on all purchases (if I swipe my card at least 20 times during the month), so the 3x points is really like earning 3.6x points on my Amazon purchase. This is also the card that I have tied to my Amazon account and the card I use to apply Membership Reward points when there is an American Express Membership Reward / Amazon promotion, such as this 20% off one.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Amazon offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards so make sure to do the multi-browser trick and learn how to register multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Earn your 3x points through August 28, 2018.
I recommend enrolling sooner than later to ensure it does not reach maximum capacity. To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.