This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
A new Sam’s Club Amex Offers popped up today week where you can spend $50 and receive $10 in statement credits. A great deal especially since Sam’s Club sells many merchant gift card and MasterCard gift cards! While this might be a targeted offer, it seems to be available on most of my accounts. This offer is only available for purchases through SamClub.com (online) and NOT in-store purchases. The $30 can be split amongst one or more transaction by must hit your account by October 17, 2018.
- Go to AmericanExpress.com and register for the offer.
- Make your $50+ purchase at SamClub.com by October 17, 2018.
Maximizing the Deal
Unfortunately taking advantage of this offer on multiple American Express cards on your account will no longer work – you are now limited to one statement credit per account. But you can still make money, just not as much! The best “money making opportunity” involves purchasing a $50 prepaid gift cards, which costs $53.88 with the tacked on fee. If you are not a Sam’s Club member they will add on an additional 10% fee. While you are spending more money then what the gift card is worth, it will trigger the $10 statement credit. So you’ll only be paying $43.88 for a $50 gift card that you can use at most merchants.
Now, if both you and a significant other have this offer saved to your account, Sam’s Club allows you to use two credit cards at a time when paying for your purchase. So you can purchase a $100 prepaid gift card for $105.38. This will save you a few bucks over purchasing them individually.
And remember, you can actually purchase whatever you want from Sam’s Club and receive the $10 statement credit, it doesn’t have to be a prepaid gift card. It can be your regular use items from Sam’s Club or another merchants gift card, i.e., Southwest, Cheesecake Factory, Disney, Build a Bear, etc. Or, you can even purchase a Sam’s Club gift card to use at a future time in-store!
If you do not have a Sam’s Club membership, you can still shop online:
- Sam’s Club adds a 10% service charge for non-members, so that will reduce your profit, you’ll still come out ahead
- If you live in California, South Carolina and Elmsford, New York you do not need to pay the 10% service fee. I believe you just need your account to be set up with an address in one of those places, I do not believe your item actually needs to be shipped to that same address. Readers, please comment below with your experience.
- Find a friend who is a member and have them purchase your item and use your credit card
- Purchase a discounted membership via Groupon or Living Social (when available)
This is a great opportunity, especially since it doesn’t matter if you live near a Sam’s Club or not. I’ll be sure to put together a post on fully maximizing this deal with other items as well. Remember, enrollment is limited, so enroll now.