This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Since it is the last day of the month, here is a reminder of a few promotions ending TODAY. Make sure to check these off your to-do list prior to trick or treating!
Today is the last day to…
- Purchase IHG points with a 100% bonus. You can purchase up to 100,000 points per calendar year, so really 200000 points with this promotion. With this offer, you are essentially purchasing points at .5 cents per point which can definitely save you money over paying the lowest possible rate at a hotel. Blog Post
- Book your Hyatt “Point + Cash” reservations. Hyatt is fully devaluing their Point + Cash component of their award chart, but all reservations made by end of day today (for future reservations) will keep the current redemption rates. If there are any properties you think you’ll be staying at, make sure to make those reservations today! Blog Post
- Make any payments through Plastiq with a 1.25% fee. If you make any payments through the bill pay site Plastiq with a MasterCard, you’ll earn Fee-Free Dollars (FFDs) equivalent to the amount paid. Ultimately, this means you are paying only a 1.25% fee on all payments. This could be a great way to earn points or miles. Blog Post
- Request your IHG Spire Status. IHG is handing out a free trial for their Spire status for 90 days. While it is still unclear if only corporate members are only eligible or not, you might as well go ahead and register for the promotion. You then have the opportunity to maintain either Platinum or Spire status if you stay at an IHG property over the next 90 days — 5 nights will get you Platinum status and 10 nights will get you Spire status. Blog Post
- Submit your price protection claim for Discover credit cards. Discover is ending their price protection benefit today, so all claims need to be submitted today. If you made an eligible purchase with your Discover credit card and the price has decreased within the past 90 days, you can receive a refund for the difference! Blog Post
- Apply for the Starwood Business Credit Card: UPDATE: This offer has expired. The increased 100,000 point offer for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express OPEN is ending today! With this offer, after you spend $5,000 on your card within the first 3 months, you’ll receive 100,000 bonus points. This card also comes with a 1 free night award every year after your card account anniversary. There is also a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.Offer ends 10/31/2018. Terms Apply.