The year is almost over with less than two months left to maintain your airline status! Airline status can provide you with some unbelievable perks and losing status can definitely be painful! To maintain status, many folks will go on some crazy mileage runs towards the end of the year where the price paid for these extra flights (that you do not really need) is absolutely worth the benefit of keeping the status.
If you fall into this boat of coming shy of status, a mileage run might be a great opportunity for you. But you’ll want to find the cheapest and quickest way to do this since you really do not need to take that flight. As with anything on the internet there days, there is a site that will do all of the legwork for you — called Juicy Miles. They will find you a flight that works with your available dates with the least amount of air time, for the best price. They charge a flat $125 for a mileage run and you only pay if they find you something you are happy with, so there is no upfront cost. You can submit a mileage run request here. Note: They also do award bookings as well.
I actually reached out to Adam over at Juicy Miles to see if he could share with me some examples of Mileage Runs they’ve found for their clients over the past month.
- Itinerary: ROA-ATL-DTW-NRT-SIN-NRT-DTW-
- Cost: $754 all in
- Miles earned: 3.48 CPMQM, $648 MQD, 21,631 MQM, ~7000 RDM
- Trip length: 3 days. 24 hours or so of travel outbound, 30 hours on the ground in Singapore, and 24 hours of travel on the return. The client wanted the quickest possible at this price, but they could have stayed longer if they’d wanted.
- Itinerary: JFK-PVG-SIN-PVG-JFK
- Cost: $2,540 all in in business class
- Miles Earned: 8.03 CPMQM, 4.07 CPRDM, $7800 MQD, 31,604 MQM, 63,393 RDM
- Trip length: 3 days. About 16 hours on the ground, plus a long layover in Shanghai (client wanted to see if he could have some time there if possible).
Juicy Miles is a great way to get those last miles in before the year ends. As you can see from the examples above, you can include anything into your requests. Economy class vs. business class, desired dates, whether you want to turn it into a mini vacation and stay in a location for a bit longer. Just make sure to include the number of qualifying miles and/or qualifying dollars you need to maintain status and there is a good chance Juicy Miles will find you a much better option.