This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are only a few days away!!! Who else is counting down the minutes with me?! Although, it does seem like most sales have already started!! There are a ton (or at least will be a ton) of deals on pretty much any type of purchase you are looking to make! Anything from electronics to clothes to kids toys to pillows — literally anything you are looking to find should be available to purchase with some sort of discount! And not to mention all of the airline and hotel travel deals! I personally am excited for the Amazon Black Friday deals and if it is anything like this past years Prime Day we are sure to see some excellent discounts!
My assumption is if you are reading this blog, you love a good deal (I know I do)! So here is my guide on how to find the deals and maximize your purchases!
Some tips to find the best deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday:
- Check out Deals We Like blog and twitter feed. I know this is self-promoting, but I will be constantly tweeting with all the deals I find during this period. Make sure to follow me on twitter.
- Check out the Black Friday tab on this blog. I have a full page dedicated to the Black Friday deals that I am updating whenever a new “Black Friday” related post is written. This will help you locate all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals in one page and you do not have to sift through this site. Many deals have already started so there are already a ton of deals on this tab.
- Read your emails! Many of the companies will be spamming your email box with many of the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
- Use social media. On Facebook and Twitter make sure to friend or follow the companies you are most interested in. Many of the travel companies will be using social media to promote their deals and have hourly promotion blasts.
- Do your research in advance. Many of the promotions can be found prior to them being available. While the actual rate or cost might not be available, you can still get an idea of the price range. Decide in advance what you are looking for as many deals will be available for a limited time only and not give you much time to go back and forth with your decision.
- If you shop online use an online shopping portal. If you make any purchases online, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go through one of the online shopping portals where you will earn extra points or cash back for the purchase you were going to make anyways. I personally like Chase Ultimate Rewards shopping portal for bonus points and TopCashBack.com for cash back. Make sure to check out a few of them to see which shopping portal offers the most points for the merchant. The website Cashback Monitor and evreward.com compiles many of the shopping portal payouts.
- Use a card with price protection. You can purchase something now and many of your credit cards will reimburse you if the price goes down. While that particular card might not maximize your points/miles earned for your purchase, getting some money back after your purchase is a nice benefit. I actually wrote an entire post around this benefit, listing all the credit cards to use and how to file a claim.
- Register for Amex Offers. Go into your AmericanExpress.com account to see all of your Amex Offers. These offers will allow you to receive a statement credit at many popular merchants just by using your registered American Express credit card!
- Know which credit card gets you the best points. Many credit cards (as I am sure you are aware) have different bonuses as various merchants.
- Discover it credit card: 5% cash back at Amazon and Wholesale Clubs, *up to $1,500 spend for the quarter
- Chase Freedom: 5x points at select Department Stores (i.e., Kohl’s, Macy’s, Bloomingdales, Dillards, etc.), Wholesale Clubs, and Chase Pay, *up to $1,500 spend for the quarter
- Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Ink Classic, Chase Ink Cash: 5x points at office supply stores (Office Depot, Staples, Office Max, etc.)
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express: 3% cash back at select U.S. department stores
- Research other rates available. Remember that the Black Friday and Cyber Monday rates (specifically at hotels) might not be the best ones available. There are sometimes lower rates using other codes (i.e., corporate rates, AAA, etc.). Sometimes the promotional packages also include other stuff you simply do not want increasing the rate.
- Google is your best friend. Just Googling “Black Friday Travel Deals” or “Cyber Monday Travel Deals” will pull up many news articles detailing out travel deals, for example. Just make sure to read the ones for 2018, and not 2017.
Enjoy the various deals over the next week!