A new Amex Offers came out this morning where you can receive 3x points on all Amazon purchases. This offer is ONLY available on Membership Reward earning American Express credit cards, i.e., EveryDay, Premier Gold Rewards, Platinum, etc. And unlike most other Amex Offers, instead of receiving a statement credit on your purchase, you’ll receive 3x point bonus points. For example, I have it on my Amex EveryDay card which typically earns 1 point per dollar spent at Amazon. However, if I make 20 purchases within a billing cycle, I’ll receive a 20% bonus. Taking this 3x bonus into account and assuming I am able to make the 20 purchases, that will net me 3.6x points per dollar spent at Amazon. This promotion lasts through December 31, 2016.
To register for this offer…
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Amazon.com offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
I personally wish this was a statement credit offer like we’ve seen in the past during this time of year. Fingers crossed another offer will come out soon, but I am not holding my breathe. There are actually better cards to use for Amazon purchases and I will be posted on that later today.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
Make sure to check out all of the current Amex Offers available on this permanent page on the blog.