Starting today, InterContinental Hotel Group (IHG) has discounted some of their properties by 50% off when using your points! This includes select properties in Mexico, the Caribbean, and LatinAmerica. This is for stays booked April 30 through May 7, 2017 and travel from May 1 through June 30, 2017.
Participating properties include:
- InterContinental Presidente Cancun
- InterContinental Presidente Cozumel
- Hotel Indigo Veracruz Boca del Rio
- Holiday Inn Campeche
- Holiday Inn Cancun Arenas
- Holiday Inn Ciudad del Carmen
- Holiday Inn Veracruz Centro Historico
- Holiday Inn Veracruz Boca del Rio
- Holiday Inn Express Manzanillo
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Vallarta
- Holiday Inn Express Veracruz Boca del Rio
- Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas
- Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos
- Holiday Inn Resort Acapulco
Latin America & Caribbean:
- InterContinental San Juan
- InterContinental Real Santo Domingo
- Crowne Plaza Santo Domingo
- Holiday Inn Santo Domingo
- InterContinental Cartagena de Indias
- Holiday Inn Cartagena Morros
- Crowne Plaza Panama
- Holiday Inn Panama Canal
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba
So while this is a short 2 months timeframe, if you have any plans to stay at these hotels, 50% off is great! However, this is very off peak time for these areas so a paid reservation might be extremely cheap as well.
Easy ways to get IHG points to top off an award stay:
- Transferring points from Chase Ultimate Rewards – You can transfer your Chase UR points at a 1:1 ratio. Although not my preferred transfer partner as you can get a better value by transferring to other loyalty programs, if you need to top off an award it can be worthwhile.
- Purchasing IHG points – Right now you can purchase IHG points through the Daily Getaways promotion. And you can always purchase points through a roundabout method which you can learn more about this method here.