JetBlue is offering an unbelievably amazing opportunity to earn a ton of JetBlue points! For those that have Virgin America points, JetBlue will match the number of points you have as long as you take one JetBlue flight between now and August 31, 2016. You can read all about this promotion here.
Essentially, all you have to do is submit a copy of your Virgin America Elevate Point balance by July 4, 2016. Then after your JetBlue flight, you will earn the following number of points based on the chart below. This means you’ll earn a minimum of the number of Elevate points you have, and possibly even more depending on the range you are in. This is also IN ADDITION to the regular JetBlue points you’d earn for the flight.
If you have a healthy Virgin America Elevate points balance, you could be looking at a ton of JetBlue points! This could definitely be mileage run worthy. Find a cheap $120 roundtrip flight, for example, and if you can earn 75,000 JetBlue points that is worth over $1,000! JetBlue points are typically worth 1.4-1.5 cents per point, although sometimes there are generous promotions when redeeming your points giving them more value.
Steps to Take Advantage of this Promotion:
- Take a screen shot of your Virgin America Elevate dashboard. It must include your first name, last name, and point balance.
- Send the screen shot to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 4, 2016. Only points in your Elevate account through this date will count. In the email, make sure to include your name and TrueBlue number.
- JetBlue will send you an email letting you know you are registered for the promotion.
- Book and fly one roundtrip JetBlue flight by August 31, 2016. It must be a roundtrip flight on a single itinerary. From the terms and conditions, previously booked flights will not qualify. Only flights booked after you are confirmed for the promotion will qualify.
- The bonus JetBlue points will be posted within 4-6 weeks of your flight.
Some Ways to Earn Virgin America Points:
There are a few ways to earn Virgin America points even if you do not fly them often. For example:
- Through their refer-a-friend promotion a few months back. You could earn up to 2,500 points just by referring a friend, although my points never posted!
- Transfer Membership Reward points to Virgin America Elevate points at a 2:1 ratio (200 Membership Reward points = 100 Elevate points)
- Transfer Citi ThankYou points to Virgin America Elevate points at a 2:1 ratio (200 ThankYou points = 100 Elevate points)
- Transfer Starwood Preferred Guest points to Virgin America Elevate points at a 1:1 ratio (1,000 SPG points = 1,000 Elevate points), but for every 20,000 points transferred, you’ll receive a 5,000 point bonus
If you are able to take advantage of this promotion, enjoy your bonus JetBlue points!!
Thanks to Angelina Travels for sharing this awesome deal!