There is an EXTREMELY targeted Amex Offer that I found out about this morning (thanks Slickdeals!) where you can get a $30 statement credit with a $100 purchase at Target or Walmart. This means a 30% discount!!!! And the best part of this offer is that you can take advantage up to 5 times per card. Unfortunately though, it is targeted (no twitter hashtag available as of yet) so you’ll need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are targeted. For me personally, I did not find the offer on any of mine or my families accounts which is a bummer.
If you are eligible, purchasing a $100 in-store gift card will work!!! Both stores sell not only their respective store gift cards but a slew of gift cards to other merchants. This is an amazing money saving opportunity for those targeted. The offer expires either July 31, 2015
Now, before you go ahead and save the offer to your card, check out all your cards on the same account to see if the offer appears for multiple accounts. If so, you will be able to take advantage on all targeted cards, but only if you follow these directions very carefully. Saving the offer to a card will make the offer disappear from another card. DO NOT jump the gun and click the “Save Offer” button just yet!
Directions to sync to multiple cards in one account:
- Sign into your American Express account and select your first card in the account (let’s call this “Card A”) and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Open up another tab on your web browser and sign into your American Express account again.
- Select your second card in the account (let’s call this “Card B”) and go to the Amex Offers For You” tab.
- On the first tab for Card A, click the “Save Offer” button for the targeted offer.
- Then go to the second tab for Card B, click the “Save Offer” button for the targeted offer.
Make sure to do this carefully to ensure the offer syncs to both cards. If you have a third, fourth, fifth, etc. card for the same account, you will then need to open as many browsers as you have cards to sync.
Anyone targeted? If so, I am very jealous! Enjoy your free money!