A new Amex Offer just surfaced which will give you bonus points simply for filling up your gas tank. Every time you spend $40 or more at U.S. gas stations, you’ll receive 400 American Express Membership Reward points. You can take advantage of this offer 3x per registered account, meaning you could earn up to 1,200 bonus points.
The great thing about this offer is that the bonus points is earned after $40 in cumulative spend. It does not need to be in a single transaction. So even if you never put $40 in your tank at once, after a few times filling up your tank, it will trigger the bonus points. If you value your Membership Reward points between 1.5 and 2 cents per point, this is worth somewhere between $18 and $24 in free points (assuming you maximize the offer). While these points alone will not get you a free flight to wherever you’d like to go, the bonus points can really add up over the year.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the “Earn at U.S. Gas Stations” offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards so make sure to add it to the card you want to use for your upcoming stay). Note: This offer will only be available on Membership Rewards earning cards.
- Spend $40+ at any eligible U.S. gas stations with your registered Amex card, up to 3x. The transaction must hit your credit card by November 1, 2019!
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
This is a great way to get free points for something you were going to spend money on anyways!