American Express just announced another promotion where if you spend $199 at Best Buy you will receive a $20 statement credit – this is valid for online or in store purchases. They seem to run this offer every year during this exact same time which works perfect with upcoming Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other general holiday deals! I’ve always been able to maximize by purchasing gift cards in store and ultimately saving a ton of money on electronic purchases! This promotion is valid for online or in-store purchases and expires December 31, 2015.
Like all other Amex sync promotions, this is only valid for those with an American Express credit card. You must register for this promotion via Twitter (the twitter hashtag is #AmexBestBuy). My assumption is enrollment will be maxed out soon, so make sure to register now!
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync.
- Tweet #AmexBestBuy
- or, Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Best Buy offer and make sure to select the “Save Offer” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards, so you’ll need to set up a Twitter account to save the offer to the rest of your Amex cards or read this post to learn how to sync multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
How to fully maximize:
If you have no big ticket items to purchase at Best Buy, you can still fully take advantage of this offer and come out ahead! Some Best Buys even sell gift cards to other stores (Kindle, Visa, iTunes, etc.) although they aren’t as widely available as they used to be. Or you can purchase a Best Buy gift card to use at a future time.
I’d wait to purchase though…
Some years during the holiday time Best Buy offers a great bonus offer for shopping at their store. For example, two year ago I took advantage of a promotion where if you made a $100+ purchase, you’d get a free $15 Best Buy gift card. They also had a similar Best Buy Amex Offer going on at the same time. I was able to maximize both offers in one purchase, so if you are looking to purchase gift cards I’d wait to see if Best Buy comes around with another similar purchase.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!