Amex Offers just came out with a new offer where you can a decent number of Membership Reward points by simply using your eligible American Express credit card on every day offers. Unfortunately though, this offer seems to be pretty targeted and offers do differ between the account. To see if you are eligible, you’ll want to check your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to your “Amex Offers & Benefits” section. If you are targeted, you’ll want to make sure to add the offer to your eligible credit card. You must enroll in the offer by Nov. 7. 2019, but all eligible spend is valid through Nov. 21, 2019.
There is a wide range of spend thresholds for this offer, but some include:
- Spend $1,500, get 1,000 Membership Reward points, up to 3x
- Spend $6,000, get 3,000 Membership Reward points, up to 3x
- Spend $9,500, get 5,000 Membership Reward points, up to 3x
This is for cumulative spend and not for purchases made in a single transaction. I value Membership Reward points at around 2 cents per point, so 1,000 bonus points is equal to about $20. For those who received offer #1, this is about a 1.3% bonus return on your purchase. Do the math to see if taking spend away from another card is worth it, but overall, you might find this a favorable offer.
If you were lucky enough to be targeted, use that particular card anyways for purchases and generate enough spend during the promotional time period, then this is a great offer. It also might be worth moving your spend over to that card for the next few months if it will earn you the extra bonus points as well. Enjoy your bonus points!
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers