Chase Ultimate Rewards just announced it’s first ever transfer bonus. Through June 16, 2019 when you transfer your points to British Airways, you’ll receive a 30% bonus. This is quite an amazing deal and a great opportunity for those looking to use their British Avios points. Not only that, you can always transfer your British Airways Avios to Aer Lingus or Iberia (at a 1:1 ratio for both), meaning you can ultimately get the 30% bonus with those two loyalty programs as well.
With your Chase Ultimate Reward points all programs transfer at a 1:1 ratio, and transferring points to BA generally is one of the better values as well. So getting a 30% bonus on an already good transfer partner is definitely welcomed!
Since this promotion is going on for about two months, there is still also time to grab any Chase Ultimate Reward credit cards and transfer the points from the welcome bonus over to British Airways with the 30% bonus. The Chase Ultimate Reward credit cards include:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve: Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening ($300 statement credits for travel purchases per year; complimentary Global Entry; Priority Pass Select membership; 3x points on travel and restaurants). $450 annual fee.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening (2x points on travel and restaurants). $95 annual fee.
- Chase Ink Business PreferredSM Card: Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening (3x points on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, phone services and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines; cell phone protection benefits). $95 annual fee.
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited: Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening (1.5% cash back on all purchases). No annual fee.
- Chase Ink Business Cash: Earn $500 bonus cash back after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening (5% cash back on purchases at at office supply stores and on internet, cable and phone services; 2% cash back on purchases at gas stations and restaurants). No annual fee.
- Chase Freedom: Earn a $150 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening (5% cash back at participating categories every single quarter, up to $1,5000 in combined purchases). No annual fee.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: Earn 3x points on all purchases within your first 12 months of card membership, up to $20,000 spend. (After that earn 1.5x points on every single purchase with no maximum). No annual fee.
This is definitely a great opportunity, although I would not transfer points over speculatively. Fortunately, you have two months to figure out where you are going to use your points and since the points transfer over instantly, you can search for award seats first, then transfer. I personally hope that this is a trend that continues with Chase and their loyalty partners!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. As always, thank you for supporting the blog and enjoy traveling on a deal!