If you are still looking to travel despite Coronavirus, there are many awesome travel deals you can take advantage of right now. This is great if you are canceling any trips to Europe or just looking for a staycation nearby your house. From flight deals to hotel deals, there is truly a Coronavirus travel deal for every type of traveler.
With that being said, I am not telling people to travel or not travel, you have to do with what you are most comfortable with. I personally do not have any travel planned over the next month, but I am not yet proactively canceling any trips I have after that. I am also taking the opportunity to plan trips some speculative trips for the end of spring and beginning of summer in the hopes that Coronavirus clears itself sooner than later — one can only hope.
Here are a few Coronavirus travel deals I’ve come across at this point and will continue to update this post as more arise. It also doesn’t hurt to call a local hotel to ask if they have any reduced room rates.
JetBlue $39 Fare Sale
JetBlue is having a huge fare sale with flights starting at $39 one-way. There are certain flights that I’ve been tracking for awhile (pre-Coronavirus scare) and some flights I’ve been seeing have gone down over 90% in price. For example, I’ve been tracking fares from Boston to New Orleans, and the fares have gone from around $400 one-way to just $22 — which is pretty incredible.
Over my kids April spring break, I also see cross country flights to Los Angeles for just $89 one-way, which is unheard of during peak travel dates. Since JetBlue is waiving change and cancelation fees, you can speculatively make a flight and if you need to cancel you can get a Travel Bank credit back.
Southwest $49 Fare Sale
Southwest is also running a fare sale for flights booked by end of day today. While these fares are not as great as the JetBlue fares I found, there are still some great deals. The one benefit about Southwest though is that you can always cancel and change a flight. And if the flight decreases in price, you’ll get your money or points back.
Delta Flights for 9,000 Miles Roundtrip
Delta is offering a decent amount of flash sales if you are looking to redeem your miles — many fares starting at just 9,000 miles roundtrip. Or, if you are okay booking basic economy flights, you can redeem slightly fewer miles at just 8,000 miles for the same roundtrip flight. I actually found many incredible low flights, which is a great opportunity if you are sitting on a decent amount of Delta miles.
Fly to the Caribbean and Mexico for just 10,000 American Airlines Miles
If flying international to the Caribbean or Mexico is in your future, you can book flights for just 10,000 AAdvantage miles each way. Availability is wide open and there are plenty of destinations to fly to with your miles.
Frontier 90% off sale
Frontier is offering 90% off flights between now and March 16, 2020. Just use promo code SALE90 to snag this great deal. Similar to many other Frontier sale, there are many restrictions and with this sale only roundtrip flights apply and Friday and Sunday travel is excluded.
Hotel staycation deals
While there are many staycation deals happening right now, here are some specific properties that have reached out to let me know about their promotions:
- The Beverly Hilton, Los Angeles — Stay a long weekend and get up to 50% off Sunday night stays
- Kimpton Surfcomber, Miami — Spring flight package for bookings through April 30 and travel through June 20; Package includes complimentary parking, complimentary massage, complimentary Splash Cycle class for 2 guests, complimentary cabana reservation and a $70 food and beverage credit; Rates from $199 using booking code IKEV1
If you are looking to get away at some point, even if it is not for a few months from now, this is a great time to book and grab some amazing deals.
#1 points and miles travel credit card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining
- When you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when booking airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash (over a $100 value). Must activate within your account by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022 — 3x points in addition to the 2x points you already earn on travel
- $95 annual fee
- Apply here