If you are looking to stay at a Marriott property between March 19 and June 4, 2019 you are in luck. Marriott is finally launching their first Marriott Bonvoy promotion where you’ll receive double points on all stays. As of right now, the registration page is not yet working, so we are not yet sure of the terms and conditions of the promotion, but my hope is that there are no excluded properties.
How Many Marriott Bonvoy Points Will You Earn?
Typically, all Marriott members earn 10 points per eligible spend, which means with this promotion you’ll be looking at earning 20 points per dollar spent. For those with Marriott Bonvoy status, the double points earned is just on the base points, so it will not double the extra bonus you earn if you have status.
- Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 1 bonus with status = 21 total points per dollar spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 2.5 bonus with status = 22.5 total points per dollar spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 5 bonus with status = 25 total points per dollar spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elites: 10 base + 10 bonus with promotion + 7.5 bonus with status = 27.5 total points per dollar spent
- Platinum Elite members earn a 50% bonus
Note that a few properties under the umbrella only earn 5 points per dollar spent, such as Element, Residence Inn, and TownPlace Suites, which means you’ll earn 10 points per dollars spent with this promotion, plus an extra points for having status.
I am glad to see Marriott finally launching a promotion. All of the other chain hotels are currently running some sort of offer, so it is about time Marriott offers something to their members, especially since the integration has been pretty awful for many folks. I also like a straight forward promotion like this. Hopefully there are no caveats like you’ll only be awarded points starting with your second stay or only two-night stays qualify. Once the full details come out about the promotion, I’ll be sure to share with you all!