Amex Sync just released a great statement credit opportunity when staying at DoubleTree hotels. Through February 2, 2015 you can receive a $40 statement credit with a $175+ purchase at a DoubleTree hotel. To register for this offer your can tweet #AmexDoubleTree with your synced Twitter account.
The major caveat to this promotion is it is ONLY available at DoubleTree hotels, not other hotels under the Hilton umbrella. However, if DoubleTree sells Hilton gift cards (which I am not sure about), then you might be able to purchase a $175 gift card and have that trigger the statement credit. That would then allow you to use the gift card at any Hilton chain hotel. This is just a thought as it worked with the Marriott Amex Sync offer, but I am not sure if DoubleTree hotels sell gift card at the hotel directly. I will have to call to find out.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sync your American Express credit card to Twitter (you can do that here). If you are not sure which card is currently synced with your account, you can unsync and then re-sync.
- Tweet #AmexDoubleTree
I love when Amex offers their Sync promotions via Twitter as it makes it a lot easier to register all of your Amex cards.
To learn more about these American Express Sync promotions, read this Amex Sync series:
- Free Money with Amex Sync 101: Overview and FAQs
- Free Money with Amex Sync 201: Syncing with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Free Money with Amex Sync 301: Syncing with Twitter
- Free Money with Amex Sync 401: Purchasing Gift Cards
You can check out all the other current Amex Sync promos here. Enjoy!
Has anyone had any success purchasing Hilton gift cards at a DoubleTree hotel to trigger the statement credit?