A new Amex Offer just came out where if you spend $500 or more with your registered American Express credit card on Virgin Atlantic, you’ll receive 10,000 American Express Membership Reward points. Unfortunately though, this offer is not available via Twitter so you will need to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible. You’ll only see this offer on cards that earn Membership Reward points and not co-branded cards (i.e., Starwood Amex, Hilton Amex, Delta Amex, etc.).
This promotion is valid for transactions through October 31, 2017. That means the charge must hit your credit card by this date to trigger the statement credit. That DOES NOT mean you must fly by this dates. The terms state a minimum of $500 in “one or more” transactions. This means that multiple purchases that add up to at least $500 will trigger the statement credit. For some Amex Offers it must be in a single transaction, but this one appears to be different. It does not matter the number of passengers, if it is one-way or roundtrip, just as long as the total of all your airfare purchases by this date is $500. And if you were targeted on multiple accounts, you can maximize this offer by booking separate reservations with different registered cards.
You must book your flight directly with Virgin Atlantic to trigger the statement credit and your flight must originate in the U.S. Third party bookings via expedia.com, orbitz.com, etc. will not qualify.
To register for this offer
- Sign into your American Express account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab.
- Search for the Virgin Atlantic offer and click “Add to Card”. If you were targeted on multiple cards make sure to read these directions first to learn more about saving the offer to more than one card. DO NOT save the offer before reading this post!
- Make a total of $500 in purchases by October 31, 2017. You do not actually need to travel by this date, but the transaction must hit your credit card by this date.
If you are looking to book an upcoming Virgin Atlantic flight, this is an easy way to earn 10,000 bonus points.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can also check all current American Express statement credit offers here.