If you eat out often (or ever), I highly recommend checking out the site Seated. This app allows you to make a restaurant reservation through their app and for doing so will pay you in either Uber, Starbucks, or Amazon gift cards – the choice is yours! While not every single restaurant can be booked through their site, there is definitely a decent choice. Currently, participating restaurants are located in: Boston, Providence, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, Denver, Seattle, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Most restaurants are mid- to high-end and you probably will not find your hole in the wall sushi place on the corner of your block.
Typically, you’ll receive about a $15 reward, although I’ve found many restaurants that will give out a $20 reward! This is amazing for eating out at a restaurant that you’d be going to anyways. And the reward is much better then the points you’d receive by making your reservation on OpenTable.
Also, if you are new to Seated, you’ll receive a $5 bonus the first time you try them out. The reward will be credited to your account 24 hours after your completed reservation. My referral code is jennifer362. You can download the app and enter the promo code here. Thanks in advance for using it, but feel free to leave yours in the comments section as well!
Some things to know:
- You’ll receive your selected reward (either Uber, Starbucks, or Amazon gift card) 24 hours of eating out at the restaurant.
- Not all times are available at every restaurant to make a reservation. Some participating restaurants just include “off-peak” times as a way to get people into the restaurant.
- You must actually eat at the restaurant to receive your reward, just ordering drinks will not qualify! Although, there is no minimum amount you must spend at the restaurant to earn your reward.
- You can only book the same restaurant 2x every 30 days.
- You pay the restaurant directly, you are not paying through the app. The app is simply for making the reservation.
Enjoy your free gift cards for something you were going to do anyways!