Last week I wrote about a new Amex Offer that popped up that would award you some nice American Express Membership Reward points – Spend $1,000 on KLM or Air France (2 separate offers) and you’ll earn 20,000 Membership Reward points. Learn more about the promotion here. If you value Membership Reward points at 2 cents per point, this is close to a $400 rebate! Not too bad for a flight you were going to book anyways!
Now the kicker is that you just need to book a flight through the KLM or Air France website, the flight doesn’t actually have to be operated by these two airlines. Thank you readers in my last blog post for sharing your personal experience on the success of this! So let’s say you are looking to book a paid flight with Delta, since Delta is a partner of both KLM and Air France, you can instead book your Delta flight through the KLM or Air France website. This will then allow you to earn the 20,000 bonus American Express Membership Reward points! Just make sure that the flight prices are the same as booking through Delta directly.
Some things to know:
- The number of miles you earn might differ (for better or worse) depending on the airline and fare class
- The benefits you receive might differ since you are booking through KLM / Air France and not Delta direct – i.e., free checked bags if you have the Delta Amex credit card
- This promotion expires July 31, 2018 which means you the transaction must hit your credit card by this date, it does not mean you actually need to travel by this date
- The $1,000 can be spread amongst multiple transactions, so you do not need to have one flight totaling this amount
- This is only for international flights originating in the US – you cannot book US domestic flights on KLM and Air France