A new Amex Offer just popped up where you can receive 500 bonus Membership Reward points every time you fill up your gas with $35 worth of gas – up to 1,500 bonus points. You’ll have to check your AmericanExpress.com account to see if you are eligible. I only saw this on my Membership Reward earning card and not on any of my co-branded cards. 500 bonus points is worth around $10, plus or minus, depending on how you spend/value your points.
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the “Fuel it up for points!” offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button
- Spend $35+ on a SINGLE transaction at any U.S gas station by December 31, 2018.
A few things to know:
- Only actual fuel purchases will count as you must pay at the pump. Purchasing item inside the gas station store will not trigger the statement credit.
- The $35 must be in a single transaction so wait until your gas tank is close to empty to fill up your tank.
- The following are NOT considered gas stations: superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline. So getting gas at BJ’s or Costco will not trigger the statement credit.
Enjoy your bonus 1,500 points!