Back in November I wrote about a great Amex Offer that will allow you to purchase Hilton gift cards with a 20% off. With this offer, you can purchase a $50 gift card and receive a $10 statement credit. You can take advantage of this offer 4x per eligible American Express credit card, thus a total of $200 in Hilton gift cards per card for only $160. And of course you can take advantage of this offer on every card American Express card you have (that was targeted for this offer). You need to do 4 separate $50 transactions.
When I initially wrote about the offer, Hilton was charging $1.95 shipping fee, which was quite annoying, especially since you needed to purchase all gift cards separately. Then, Cyber Monday came early and Hilton offered the promo code CYBERHILT to waive the shipping fee. That meant that a $50 gift card costs $50 (not $51.95) and will trigger the $10 statement credit. To my surprise, thank you blog readers, this promo code is still working! This means you can still get the full 20% savings! If you stay at Hilton properties often, taking advantage of this promotion is a no brainer. Or, if you typically use points for your stay, you can always use gift cards are incidentals charged to your room – i.e., restaurants, activities, drinks at the bar, etc. This offer expires February 28, 2018, but I suggest adding this offer to your card sooner than later so it doesn’t meet maximum enrollment. I also am not sure when the free shipping promo code expires.
To enroll in this offer:
- Sign into your AmericanExpress.com account and go to the “Amex Offers For You” tab. Find the Hilton Gift Card offer and make sure to select the “Add to Card” button (although once you do this for one card the option will disappear on other cards so make sure to do the multi-browser trick to learn how to register multiple Amex cards with your AmericanExpress.com account)
- Purchase a $50+ gift card at http://buyhiltongiftcards.com/ and receive a $10 statement credit.
To learn more about these American Express offers, read this Amex Offers series:
- Overview and FAQs for Amex Offers
- Registering for Amex Offers with your AmericanExpress.com Account
- Registering for Amex Offers with Twitter
- Simplify your Life… Register for Twitter Amex Offers with Tweet Deck
- Maximizing Amex Offers by Purchasing Gift Cards
- Eligible Credit Cards to Take Advantage of Amex Offers
You can check out all the other current Amex Offers here. Enjoy!