Last year, Hyatt announced their acquisition of Two Road Hospitality group which includes many hotel brands across the world — and a total of about 85 or so more Hyatt properties that would be integrated into the World of Hyatt program in 2019. At that time, there was no dates announced on when we would actually see those new hotels being added to portfolio, but it looks like today is the day! And to add to the excitement, Hyatt is running a promotion for staying at these new properties.
Two Road Hospitality group includes four different brands: Thompson Hotels, Joie de Vivre Hotels, Alila and Destination Hotels. They are adding the brands in a phased approach over the next few months, with the Thompson Hotel brand being added today. Next will come Joie de Vivre Hotels starting May 15th, and the two other brands are still TBD.
- Thompson Hotels (March 28, 2019)
- Joie de Vivre Hotels (May 15, 2019)
- Alila (coming soon)
- Destination Hotels (coming soon)
There are currently 8 participating properties in the Thompson Hotel brand. Unfortunately, the Thompson Playa Del Carmen is not participating in the World of Hyatt program right now.
- Thompson Chicago — currently cannot be booked with points
- Gild Hall, New York City — currently cannot be booked with points
- The Beekman, New York City — Category 6 (25k points per night)
- Thompson Nashville — Category 6 (25k points per night)
- Thompson Seattle — Category 5 (20k points per night)
- Thompson Toronto — Category 6 (25k points per night)
- The Cape, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico — Category 6 (25k points per night)
- Thompson Zihuatanejo, Mexico — Category 6 (25k points per night)
For those who stay at a property within these new brands, there are 3 different promotions you can take advantage of. This includes stays through December 31, 2019.
Promotion #1: Bonus Points
Earn 2,000 Bonus Points for your first qualifying stay at each participating brand. This means you can earn a total of 8,000 points.
Promotion #2: Free Night Certificate
Stay at a property within all four brands and earn a free night certificate (category 1-4).
Promotion #3: Additional Credit Card Points
If you use either of the Hyatt credit cards to pay for your stay, you’ll earn bonus points at Thompson Hotels.
- New World of Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 4x Bonus Points (that is a total of 13x points + any bonus points for those with status)
- Old Hyatt Credit Card Members: Earn 3x Bonus Points
I am glad to see Hyatt expanding it’s footprint, although the Thompson properties do not particularly excite me. I am mostly excited to see the Destination properties added to the mix eventually, but I am really hoping that they do not surpass the category 6 mark. I’ll be sure to write more about the other three brands integration when the time comes.