With Coronavirus heavily affecting the travel industry, Hyatt has made the decision to postpone adjusting their category changes that were originally scheduled to go into affect on March 22, 2020. Not only was this part of their annual adjustments, but they were also going to implement peak and off-peak award rates.
Due to the current environment, Hyatt will forgo these changes and instead implement them in 2021. This is incredibly generous of Hyatt since these changes were overall negative.
There are however, five hotels that are being excluded from this postponement – four hotels are still moving up a category and one hotel is moving down a category. If you are looking to make reservations at any of the four properties moving up, you’ll still want to do so by March 21. With that being said, those properties will not have the peak/off-peak awards put in place, just new category changes.
|Hotel||Current Free Night Award Category||New Free Night Award Category|
|Park Hyatt Mallorca||6||5|
|Hyatt Centric Park City||6||7|
|Park Hyatt Shenzhen||4||5|
|Park Hyatt Ningbo||3||4|
I am truly pleased with how Hyatt is handling the situation and making sure that they have the travelers best interest at heart. Way to go Hyatt and hopefully others will follow suite soon!
#1 points and miles travel credit card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn 2X points on travel and dining
- When you redeem your points through the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal, you’ll receive a 25% bonus when booking airfare, hotels, car rentals, and cruises
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash (over a $100 value). Must activate within your account by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022 — 3x points in addition to the 2x points you already earn on travel
- $95 annual fee
- Apply here