This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here. Additionally, some of the offers on this page may no longer be available through Deals We Like.
Hot off the press… the Hyatt promotion has been announced. I heard this first hand from Jeff Zidell (Vice President of Hyatt Hotels) during the Hyatt/American MegaDO last night. While I am happy a promotion has been announced, I must admit, I am not too excited over it.
Between February 1 – April 30, 2012, you can earn the following bonus points by staying at any Hyatt hotel (which includes Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Hyatt Place, and Hyatt House):
- Stay 4 Nights = Earn 4,000 Bonus Points
- Stay 8 Nights = Earn 8,000 additional Bonus Points
- Stay 12 Nights = Earn 12,000 additional Bonus Points
- Stay 16 Nights = Earn 20,000 additional Bonus Points
So the total bonus you can receive is 44,000 points. This equates to 2 free nights at a top category 6 hotel. Not the best promotion in my opinion since it takes 16 nights to receive these points, but again, better than nothing.
Now, if you have the Chase Hyatt credit card, you will actually receive an additional 25% bonus. I appreciate that they are trying to encourage people to sign up for their credit card, but I personally still miss the faster free night promotions! If you do have the credit card, you will ultimately earn the following bonus points:
- Stay 4 Nights = Earn 4,000 bonus Points + 1,000 Bonus Points with Hyatt credit card = 5,000 additional bonus points
- Stay 8 Nights = Earn 8,000 bonus Points + 2,000 Bonus Points with Hyatt credit card = 10,000 additional bonus points
- Stay 12 Nights = Earn 12,000 bonus Points + 3,000 Bonus Points with Hyatt credit card = 15,000 additional bonus points
- Stay 16 Nights = Earn 20,000 bonus Points + 5,000 Bonus Points with Hyatt credit card = 25,000 additional bonus points
If you have the credit card, the maximum bonus you can receive is 55,000 points. This is slightly better, but again will probably not change my hotel strategy
. If anything, I’ll probably earn the “Stay 4 nights” bonus of 4,000 points.
The registration link is not available yet, but I will be sure to let you all know when you are good to go.
What do you think about this promotion? Who is with me with missing the faster free nights promotion? Ohhhh… the good old days.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.